Help with NNXT

Fivepinz

-617Empire-
whats up FP, thanks in advance for taking a look....

so I love reason 4 but Ive kind of "accepted" a few work flow obstcles without taking the time to find out if ppl have found work arounds.

1) Say youve mapped up samples in the NNXT but you want to change one of the sounds without changing the root key during playback. For instance if you mapped a kick to C1 and want to change to a diff. kick...Reason automatically roots it to a mad low key, so to preview a changed sound can take a lot of time.....how do you lock the root key?

2) I doubt theres a workaround for this one...butcan you map the sample start and sample end knobs to a knob on a midi controller, Im so sick of shift dragging the mouse and likely already have artritis, guess the best thing to do would be chop samples smaller so that its a smaller area to drag and move? Really appreciate yall's help~!

the answer is no on both of them. the root key issue is a big reason why i stopped using Reason for my drums.

Hey way too late on my part sorry, but thanks for your help, I wish I had said thanks back when I saw your reply

I have told the developers several times about the root key issue. All they have to do is add a button that locks it in place. And I have wanted cv routing for programming parameters for sometime as well.

Here is the solutiion :

Create NN-XT
Load up all your drums ( maybe 10 one shots )
Map them out the way you like
now remove sample from each key so that you have empty slots
save this as a template
that way you can browse through all the samples with a constant rootkey

Peace
KB

when u swap the samples the root key will always go back to middle c idk y

Because the sample contains either no root info or contains default middle c info. You can change it with editing software but it will not help unless you load that sound in the same location every time.

Here is the solutiion :

Create NN-XT
Load up all your drums ( maybe 10 one shots )
Map them out the way you like
now remove sample from each key so that you have empty slots
save this as a template
that way you can browse through all the samples with a constant rootkey

Peace
KB

It's funny when people offer solutions when they actually have no clue what you are saying. Like I said, there is no way around this and i have brought it to the developer's attention several times over the years.

Last edited:
I doubt theres a workaround for this one...butcan you map the sample start and sample end knobs to a knob on a midi controller, Im so sick of shift dragging the mouse and likely already have artritis, guess the best thing to do would be chop samples smaller so that its a smaller area to drag and move? Really appreciate yall's help~!

I'm waiting for this to be possible. Hopefully version 5 will allow it. I was excited when I thought to map these to faders on my controller and was very disappointed when I found out it wasn't possible.

Back