Help with migrating from Fruityloops to Cubase SX

S

Synergy

Hello,

I am migrating from Fruityloops to Cubase SX and I was wondering how I can control all my Virus b synthesizer settings from Cubase SX? This was easy enough in Fruityloops as there was a Virus template in the midi out plugin which had all my Virus filters, lfo etc mapped. I cant figure out how to do this in Cubase though.

Also is there a way to change the root key in Cubase like you could in Fruityloops by clicking on the 'MISC' tab of the channel and then right clicking on the keyboard area to change the root key of that sample. This was a very convenient feature.

Thanks for any help,

Peter

to control your virusB you'll need a MixerMap. there might be one for your virus on the Cubase CD, if not there is probably one on the Steinberg website. once you have it, you can make a new channel in Cubase, make it a mix channel, and then load the Virus Mixermap into it. then make a part (double click between L and R indicators) and double click on it. this should give you a nice mixy window with things to slide and twist.

PS that works in Cu5.1 - haven't tried any of it in SX yet, but should work.

You can also use the Virus without a mixermap, simply by switching your virus to MULTI mode, and simply creating midi tracks with a differetn channel (from 1 to 16)...

you can even do an ARRANGEMENT DUMP to make sure the right MULTI (and its patches) are transmitted to your VIRUS when you need (ie if you loose its memory unmute the dump channel etc.)

hope this helps

Back