Help me Chose a DAW

yeah im not plugging anything in to the PC no boards.everything internal

Ok, I'll see how far I can push it without getting an "ASIO" LoL
If things starting slowing and cracking, i'll consider getting one or more ram.

RAM can't solve everything, a new sound card might be necessary

A vote for Logic here. Has (almost) everything you could ever need.

The question I have is what kind of computer do you have? Some newer pcs 64 bit come with 24 bit stock sound cards that sound ok.

i agree with you that getting a soundcard is important but that statement was flat out bull****. there are a lot of "pro" producers who work totally within a computer environment now.

again i agree with your post but i just that statement was a bit naive.

I'm not talking about working IN THE BOX!!!! IDIOT!!! You need a soundcard for your computer to handle the work you do IN THE COMPUTER!

There are tons of pro producers that do everything in the computer but EVERY SINGLE ONE has a studio soundcard.

You should consider getting a sound card for your pc.
I would suggest you Abeton Live/Reason/Fl studio.
The easiest way around is in fL, best of luck

You guys are so phucked up he asked about a DAW and your telling him what monitors and sound cards to get. To top it all off you all sound like you dont know what the phuck you are talking about. Studio sound card with Asio driver? LMAO LMAO again. Stock sound cards can use ASIO drivers too.

I have an emachines t3104, bought it like 4 years ago

Go with fruity loops 8. You can make beats & play sounds from your computers keyboard if you don't have a midi keyboard. Also you can record vocals in it as well with the studio version. You can also run vst's in it as well. Good luck on what ever Daw you choose.

I'm not talking about working IN THE BOX!!!! IDIOT!!! You need a soundcard for your computer to handle the work you do IN THE COMPUTER!

There are tons of pro producers that do everything in the computer but EVERY SINGLE ONE has a studio soundcard.

is there something wrong with you? do you know how to read? i didn't even quote you. my post was in reference to the statement another user made about most real pros using outboard gear like a motif and a fantom. i even said i agreed with the post about needing a soundcard but just found that particularly comment to be completely wrong.

learn to read before you call people an idiot please.

You guys are so phucked up he asked about a DAW and your telling him what monitors and sound cards to get. To top it all off you all sound like you dont know what the phuck you are talking about. Studio sound card with Asio driver? LMAO LMAO again. Stock sound cards can use ASIO drivers too.

thats what im talking about...finally the answer i wanted to hear. LoL.

Go get Reaper. And this comes from a Cubase user....

i had cubase once and I hated it. I had no idea where to go or what to do. I have renoise right now, and made some promising frst beats rightoff the qwerty keyboard. I still want a midi keyboard though.

I also got reaper but havent tried it yet. I'll post my impressions soon.

is there something wrong with you? do you know how to read? i didn't even quote you. my post was in reference to the statement another user made about most real pros using outboard gear like a motif and a fantom. i even said i agreed with the post about needing a soundcard but just found that particularly comment to be completely wrong.

learn to read before you call people an idiot please.

Here is your quote

i agree with you that getting a soundcard is important but that statement was flat out bull****. there are a lot of "pro" producers who work totally within a computer environment now.

again i agree with your post but i just that statement was a bit naive.

I never said that pro producers don't do work totally within a computer. I said that there is not one real producer on the planet that does such without a studio soundcard. The more work you do in the computer the more you need a soundcard. The situation you brought up means that you need a studio soundcard even more.

Stock cards using ASIO drivers such as ASIO4ALL (yes, I know about it) still has tons of problems with latency and still doesn't come close to handling audio like a real ASIO soundcard. If he is serious about making music he NEEDS an ASIO soundcard. There is no compromise here.

thats what im talking about...finally the answer i wanted to hear. LoL.

Just because it's what you wanna hear doesn't make it true. You can always hear what you want if you wait for someone ignorant enough to come along and say it. I'll tell you what. Don't buy a soundcard. Try to make music. Start a ton of threads that say "why does my music crackle and pop", why is there a delay when I'm recording", "why does my software crash when I'm working on a project". and ect. Then go buy a studio soundcard and come back to everyone and apologize for not listening to the advice given. Then you will be a month behind on any project you wanna do. That would be very satisfying to me. Just because you and other think that music can be done with software alone doesn't make it true.

Just because it's what you wanna hear doesn't make it true. You can always hear what you want if you wait for someone ignorant enough to come along and say it. I'll tell you what. Don't buy a soundcard. Try to make music. Start a ton of threads that say "why does my music crackle and pop", why is there a delay when I'm recording", "why does my software crash when I'm working on a project". and ect. Then go buy a studio soundcard and come back to everyone and apologize for not listening to the advice given. Then you will be a month behind on any project you wanna do. That would be very satisfying to me. Just because you and other think that music can be done with software alone doesn't make it true.

Calm down. I already said i'll try it till its not working for me, then if need be i'll take those steps. But so far seeing is believeing and have not been convinced. But I do appreciate the input.

You want to test your sound card out do the following

Take a great-sounding CD and record it through your soundcard. Play back the recording. If it still sounds great, then you know that your soundcard is capable of rendering great-sounding recordings. No need to upgrade at this time.

You want to test your sound card out do the following

Take a great-sounding CD and record it through your soundcard. Play back the recording. If it still sounds great, then you know that your soundcard is capable of rendering great-sounding recordings. No need to upgrade at this time.

HAHAHAHA! This shows how little you know about audio. CD's are digital already. The conversion from numbers to sound is done by the cd player, computer soundcard or anything else you are playing it throught. When you record a cd with a computer all you are doing is copying the digital data. Also ASIO is a protocol used to process audio data in a real-time way with great performance. Copying a cd doesn't use the ASIO protocol at all, or any processing for that matter. VST instruments, VST Fx, and mix engines rely on ASIO to process all the information of audio in software to change it so that you get the desired result.

ASIO is absoultly necessary for working with audio with any performance. Generic ASIO drivers for stock sound cards do help with the processing of audio dramaticly but it still doesn't compare to an actual ASIO sound card which should tell you how much you need one to work with audio but you are close minded, stubborn, and ingnorate to the needs of digital audio.

A side note. Most studio soundcards come with direct wav drivers also so that you can use it for normal computer functions as well such as youtube and myspace. But if you download Winamp and the ASIO playback plug-in and then listen to the difference of playing music through Windows Media Player and then on Winamp (with the ASIO plugin installed and selected) then you will realize why ASIO is so important for working with audio.

HAHAHAHA! This shows how little you know about audio. CD's are digital already. The conversion from numbers to sound is done by the cd player, computer soundcard or anything else you are playing it throught. When you record a cd with a computer all you are doing is copying the digital data. Also ASIO is a protocol used to process audio data in a real-time way with great performance. Copying a cd doesn't use the ASIO protocol at all, or any processing for that matter. VST instruments, VST Fx, and mix engines rely on ASIO to process all the information of audio in software to change it so that you get the desired result.

ASIO is absoultly necessary for working with audio with any performance. Generic ASIO drivers for stock sound cards do help with the processing of audio dramaticly but it still doesn't compare to an actual ASIO sound card which should tell you how much you need one to work with audio but you are close minded, stubborn, and ingnorate to the needs of digital audio.

HAHAHAHA! this shows how you cant comprehend what you read. I said record the cd to the sound card not rip or burn but record the audio.I am trying to get the point across that using merely adequate tools can still build a great project. When someone first gets into recording I dont think we should be leading them down the path of a gear head it is an expensive hobby of ours. Being a gear head doesnt equate to great recordings. One should rule out fruitless anxieties about the gear, and focus first on listening and good techniques. First one should decide if they enjoy doing this then upgrade as need be .

Back