Guitars, FL Studios, clipping, oh my!

iLLxANT

long live the ghost
Hey FP. I'm having an issue with FL Studios. I'm starting to record guitar on FL Studios and the more guitar tracks I record to my project in FL, the more it starts obnoxiously clipping. I've been having this issue for a while, but the clipping is actually somewhat translating to the exported track which is A PAIN.

Now, I've been assuming the clipping is coming from the feebleness of my laptop, which I'm hoping to upgrade next month to remedy some of that, but should the clipping also be coming out in the exported track? Am I doing something wrong here or should I not even be recording guitar in FL Studios in the first place?

I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong place. The link is below. It won't let me embed it into the post.

https://soundcloud.com/vivalaghost/clip-skylark/s-57U5a

Last edited:
Odd...
Got an audio interface?

Not sure if realtek even has that issue tbh.
I remember a feature in fl called circular panning law, not fond of it always used to disable that.

I use a Scarlett 2i4. It works pretty good, when it comes to recording instruments or vocals at times even that's when it starts clipping and translating to the exported tracks.

I hook the instrument directly to the audio interface and record through FL Studios. Could that be the issue?

Last edited:
Back