Groovemaker - iPhone/iPod Touch App

Obitheincredible

Your Mom's Best Friend!!!
Yep, just released today...

Groovemaker.com

and a video...

and of course my review!

Obiaudio Groove Maker Review

I'm actually really impressed no lie. Really its sick and there is a free version so you can try it out before you buy a specific version. Yeah, there is more than one. Plus they are going to be doing artist versions of the apps and songs/loops too!

I jumped on this today and so far I'm close to killing my battery already! I have been playing with it all morning!!

Seriously, since I'm a designer, I'm impressed with how they get so much functionality in a small space and not have it be ridiculous. The interface design and usability is amazing. Well done IK. (As I've said, you've impressed me this last year with what you're doing!)

The loops and the expansions have some really good stuff in them and you can export your track to your computer using Wi-FI. I still can't figure out how they do that, but whatev. You don't even need to hack your iPhone as a disc to get the song off of it. I can see making cool backing tracks for your projects while you're on the train or plane or wherever! Really cool to not have to fire up a DAW and hook up through your audio interface just to make a quick bg loop.

I still like recording my instruments of course, but this thing is really cool and has a use for all levels of production.

And, of course, this will impress the iPhone generation of kids who can make wicked loops and tracks for their video projects, slideshows, or whatever. That in itself means Groovemaker will be DLed a bunch by kids wanting access to track making loops and beats.

Congratulations on the launch. Now to read Obi's review. I'm sure he covered way better than I did.

IK has more power though. Example: Artists WILL be putting out singles as a downloadable song so users can remix singles from their iphones. That alone will make this a hit. Especially since the basic version is free.

Intua Beatmaker is pretty nuts already, the only real complaint I have with it is the lack of pad banks.

I'm definitely looking into this new software though, thanks for bringing attention to it. Looks more like a remixing tool than a composition tool so far.

Looks like a well-made app, though honestly it bores me to tears. Remixing sounds like a good idea, but for everything else there's a whole slew of more interesting applications around - the already-mentioned BeatMaker for instance.

Hey everyone,

Good to see the comments! We are really proud of GrooveMaker. It was actually the application that made it possible for our company to exist, back in 1997 with the first version (then called Axe). It actually pre-dated any drag and drop loop application by years, and even today still holds up. Now, with the iPhone/iPod touch, we can do things with the platform we only dreamed of back in the day, such as multi-touch, lightning-fast group soloing/muting/arranging, etc without needing to touch a mouse, etc. It is funny, on an iPhone we can do things with the platform and technology we could have never done on a PC back in 1997!

Of course there are other music apps for the iPhone/iPod touch out there, but what sets GrooveMaker apart is both the ease of use and the quality of the sounds. IK pioneered real-time loop arrangement, and we have more experience in sound development than almost any other company due to our Virtual Instrument collection. We also have contacts with some AMAZING sound designers (one of which I can mention now being Sonic Reality, the folks behind our sound sets for SampleMoog, SampleTron, and SonikSynth 2) to make even more content. The platform can only grow!

Do yourselves a favor and give it a shot: (edit-can't post a link yet because I am a newbie)

There is a free version, and it contains loops from all the packs to get an idea of what is available. And as always, if you have any questions just ask, I am more than happy to answer!

Cheers,

Drew

Back