Groove/Swing Question with Logic

tanelsepp

I've been having trouble trying to figure out how to get my hats to groove in logic. I use maschine and then drag the midi into logic's sequencer. In addition to the standard groove templates I also have imported mpc and maschine templates (which if anyone is interested you can find through a youtube video by the freemasons here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8sm4xWqNHQ there is a dl link in the video's info, big shoutout to them for taking the time to make that valuable resource) anyway, the problem Im having is that I can apply whatever groove as long as Im selecting all of the hits, however when I do so it messes up my rolls, 32nd, 64th notes, etc and it doesn't seem to want to apply it if I just select the 16th or 8th notes and leave the rolls out. If anyone has an idea of how to work around that and get the hats to groove still, I'd appreciate the advice.

In logic 9 (and i'm guessing 10 also), groove templates act on the region level. As such, if you want to use a groove template to quantise certain events and not others just cut them into a different region.

More control can be found in the region parameter box under the quantise and groove template options.

Back