Fruity Plugins Doubled.. bled

V

Valley

I've somehow got double (nearly) everything in my Fruity Plugins. I've got a feeling I've had this problem before but I can't remember how I solved it.

Any ideas? It's not the end of the world but it's untidy.

Val

FruityDoubles.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I've had that before - simple fix though, check the vst plugins folder (click options menu -> file settings -> VST plugins extra search directory).

You probably have this set to your root drive, and you have an older version of fruity left on your HD. So organise all your vst/dx plugin files into one directory and set your "VST plugins extra search directory" to this new directory you've just made. If this doesn't work, let me know!

You're not wrong about the other version of Fruity, I've got 3.4 and 3.56 sitting there. Someone else PM'd me about this and my intention today was to delete the earlier version and I'm using it as the prompt to finally tidy up my HD. Anyway, that's coming along but in the meantime I've tried the plugins search directory suggestion (see Pic). BTW, I can't work out how to remove directories from that list. (edit) just sussed it, :)

It found 71 extra plugins doing that!!! Shows how much I know. but there's still doubling -- and some red text too (see next pic), I've got no idea what that means.

FruityPluginDirectorys.gif

FruityRedDoubles.gif

I'm guessing it will go away when I delete 3.4 (still three projects left in that version though).

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe - look the sooner you finish those older projects and delete the older fruity, you'll be much better off.. But since you say you've got so many doubled plugins, it seems like you'll need some sort of plugin manager program to delete duplicates on your drive. There is one out there but i forgot it's name! :p
And BTW the plugins in red usually mean they were newly found by fruity after you press refresh on the plugins list.
peace!

I had that very same problem of duplicate plugins. I think the problem is caused by the fact that you cant seem to switch off that extra VST folder search. So what I did was to set that extra search folder to a folder that I know did'nt have any plugins in it, then refreshed the list.

reflekshun said:
hehe - look the sooner you finish those older projects and delete the older fruity, you'll be much better off..

Guess what, I just finished them. With the delete button:D I figured if it takes that long to tweak something it's probably better to start something fresh. I feel better already. Now I've just got 3.56.

Mind you there were some plugins that I liked that I'll have to get again, (like that mda piano thing), but on the whole it's far too easy to download piles of useless things that don't do much for your sound but you kind of keep them, "just in case"

Cheers all

Val

Back