Fruity Loops experiences

Horatio

I'm looking into purchasing the FL "fruity edition". I'm already using Reaper as my main DAW for recording, mixing, etc.

What I would need from FL is basic beatmaking: program drums, support third party vsts, and play samples. I know I can't record audio with the most basic edition, and I don't mind recording the initial audio into Reaper, but I'd like to be able to slice the samples in FL, and place them on separate keys for sequencing.

I'm wondering if anyone uses FL Fruity Edition in this manner and enjoys it or experiences a great deal of frustration because of it.

If the Fruity Edition comes with Slicex you'll be able to do it. Here's how:

Just search Youtube for Slicex Tutorials for more info.

I prefer to use Maschine or Reason for sampling but FL Studio is a beast of a program.

Last edited:
Fruity edition does not have edison, or slicex, but you can use wave traveler. Also you can download Shortcircuit 1. It's a deep softsampler, but one you figure out the basics, it works very fast, and eliminates the need for slicex if you like slicing manually rather than auto slicing.

Last edited:
^ya get the full version or the pimped out version (costs around $1000 i think.) the other editions are crippled IMO.

Back