FLStudio/multitimbral VSTi problem (volume resetting)

badmind36

just about any multitimbral vsti i load in FLStudio - Sampletank, Kontakt, etc...

everytime i hit stop and hit play again, the volume of everything in the vsti resets. doesnt matter if i use the knobs on the MIDI out, doesnt matter if im setting it in the VSTi itself, it does it every single time and it gets really annoying.

anyone else encounter this and know a solution?

Check your browser under cuurent project to see if there are any initialization events. If there are, delete them.

thats just one of those things that just doesnt work quite right in FL Studio, the only thing you can do really is change the volume on the FX channel, and pray they fix that in FL 9, or send Gol and the developers of FL an email and tell them about the problem

8.0 is what im using

it is very strange indeed lol... if i have my whole track done and let it loop and dont hit play again, i can mix it and bounce it and itll be fine... but soon as it gets opened back up and i hit play, that shxt resets... its not a huge problem but just a pain in the a$$ lol

i personally have never experienced this on 8.0 or 8.5

Ok, if you have sampletank or any vsti that have multiple instruments with multi outs, open it, then load a few instruments... make them all different midi channels, make sure the instrument is set to a port like 0 or 1, then add midi outs... then adjust the volume in the vst window, then go to the midi out for any instrument and move the volume, it automatically goes back to 100 in the VST window...

Hey, I'm not sure if you guys are having this issue anymore, I know this is an old thread but I figured out that when you have instruments sent to their own channels in the sequencer from a VST (Like contact for example), you have to control the volume using the nob in the "channel settings" box, and not in the VST itself. Once you hit play or stop, it resets the volume in the VST to match the volume nob in the channel settings window. When you move that nob, you will see that it moves the volume in the VST as well. Hope that helps people who are having the same problem!

Back