FL XXL9 Issues

LoDaMack

Hey all! So... I used to be a fruity loop hater. I finally came around and i rather enjoy a lot of sounds it has to offer. However I'm having a few problems. On one instrument, when I hold the keys, it creates an annoying scratchy sound that screws with the PC. It's weird because nothing in Reason 4 does this when I'm producing. Secondly, I can't get this thing to quantize properly! When it actually records, it takes like 4 BARS to kick in, then the keys I strike come up like I'm just holding them down continuously....

Sorry for the small rant. :p , I want to use everything I can in my arsenal! Maybe its time for a new PC (Long overdue).

is your pc powerful enough to run FL? you probably should have looked into that before buying it but that would be my first thought

is your pc powerful enough to run FL? you probably should have looked into that before buying it but that would be my first thought

<stares at you>

a P3-500 is capable of running FL9...

... mainly because FL, since 7, requires a processor that has full SSE1 support, which the P3 450 and 500 have.

Sounds like he needs to increase his latency or switch to an ASIO driver in FL.

Yea, I installed ASIO4ALL, still didnt really help. I tried increasing latency, still had no effect so Im guessing its just time to upgrade. Time to retire old faithful.

RAM upgrades help. Might try removing unneeded programs, exiting things you're not using, reducing the number of startup programs, creating space, etc. Usually when my FL starts running slow it's cuz the laptop needs sleep or somethin...

EDIT Which instrument?

Last edited:
Yea, I installed ASIO4ALL, still didnt really help. I tried increasing latency, still had no effect so Im guessing its just time to upgrade. Time to retire old faithful.

what are your PC's specs.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

RAM upgrades help. Might try removing unneeded programs, exiting things you're not using, reducing the number of startup programs, creating space, etc. Usually when my FL starts running slow it's cuz the laptop needs sleep or somethin...

EDIT Which instrument?

your laptop doesn't "need sleep"

that's the most utterly ridiculous thing I've ever read.

Back