FL VST vs Reason Refills

AKStyleZ

Im not gonna discuss which one is better thats lame. As yall know its how you use it not what you use. Though I just had a quick question since ive never used FL, does the plugins come with presets or they flat like Reason refills?

Im not gonna discuss which one is better thats lame. As yall know its how you use it not what you use. Though I just had a quick question since ive never used FL, does the plugins come with presets or they flat like Reason refills?

no disrepect but it seems like everyday you have a different question about the quaility of sounds/patches...

how about you download the demo of fl studio and compare them yourself...

i have a question for you do you want to be a producer or executive producer?

from your posts i get the feeling that you want to be an executive producer because you do not want to put any work into this trade...

i feel testing things out yourself will be more rewarding than asking these questions that you could answer yourself with a little work...

Last edited:
Im asking because I checked out a guys beats he doing it all in FL, and he dont know **** ab mixing, so im asking myself how the hell he get that sound without knowing anything about EQ and what have u.

My posts been targeted with one question in mind, and thats been whether I should go over to another Daw or not, cuz I cant use few VST id like to try out because Reason dont support it.
I do everything in Reason and thats how I like it, its more about me tryin to get some details about the other DAWs I know nothing about because Reason is the first and only tool Ive ever been using.

Dont get me wrong Ive spent hours and hours gettin the right sound while im working with a project, so no im def not one of those want it all labeled out set and done for me.
Even though at times it b cool if i could have some sounds thats mad sounding straight out of the box and then let them make you come up with ideas on what you wanna do and how to do it.
Sometimes having a flat ****ty sound can be hard to work with when you dont really have a idea on where you heading. And yeh you can spend tons and tons of hours modifyin it but for what cause when you dont even know what you looking for.

So yeh I'll def state once again it be nice to have some great sounding stuff right out of the box just to make you spark new ideas and not to use it and save you time. (even if the later do exists its not the purpose of the post)

im off work... woot... ttyl

not sure what you are talking about but fl studio has a demo...

what DAWs have you demo so far?

in my opinion the best test to find a DAW that suites you are the demos...

from what i gather you should get a workstation (fanton, triton, etc) and track using reaper...

you could also rewire reason to reaper...

these workstations have that polished sounds you are looking for...

Well I checked out FL very quickly but I did not like the User Interface at first so I was like ima stick to Reason cuz I like how its designed and function. Then Ive tried out Ableton but I quickly dismissed that one as well due to same reasons.
Look.. to tell you the truth man I think your right, but I really want to master Reason first of all before I buy something like a Motif or some other workstation. The chances are though that I might not feel a need of buying a workstation until I reach that level of understanding.
I mean I do program my own sounds and modify them to my needs but I do it too way rarely especially the programming part, so still got alot to learn about the DAW itself, its not limiting me its just me that is. So I was just wondering if the sounds from a VST comes in "premade" forms just like a workstation does.

vsti's in general can be ran in FL. While the ones that come inside it are cool, you can easily load up stuff like Kontakt, Sampletank/SonikSynth, Arturia stuff, Dimension Pro, ect. that has presets that are mixed professionally down to EQ, Panning, Delays, Reverb, and even compression on loadup.

With Reason, it takes a hands on approach to get optimized sound out of most patches.

vsti's in general can be ran in FL. While the ones that come inside it are cool, you can easily load up stuff like Kontakt, Sampletank/SonikSynth, Arturia stuff, Dimension Pro, ect. that has presets that are mixed professionally down to EQ, Panning, Delays, Reverb, and even compression on loadup.

With Reason, it takes a hands on approach to get optimized sound out of most patches.
That answered my question, thanks deRaNged

Back