FL Studio vs Logic Pro X beginner

Willstone525

Hi there. So I am a complete beginner to producing music, never even glimpsed at a daw beyond garage band.... I use a Mac with boot camp and a Macbook without.
After doing some research I have nailed it down to either Logic or FL Studio I just don't know which will be the best entry level program. I want to keep to a tight budget which the are both within however I don't want to intislly have to spend loads of money buying various sound packs and what not. I want to get the program and be able to learn and produce some basic tunes before I have. To invest any more money into it. I am considering the idea of getting a midi keyboard to go with it.
Main looking for opinions on both, I have realised a lot of it does come down to the user and I like the idea of keeping it all apple but at the same time Fl Studio having unlimited future updates is nice. But the most Important thing for me is which one will give me the best chance to learn and produce straight out the box without the addition of more software and sound packs.

Hopefully this makes sense to someone :)

Fl studio 12 is mac. Logic is mac exclusively. There's like 45gb of free samplepacks on the net, 37gb of which drums.
You can learn using the built in stuff also. Either one, but I'd recommend fl studio as a starting point or a permanent point, since it's design is similar to most other daws.

Fl's approach to arranging is a straightforward, but mandatory way to do things since the pattern mode is mandatory which the playlist is the secondary sequencer. Other daws have patterns done in a "block/arranger track" way.

I would recommend trying out like 5-7 random demoes of daws before just picking one right off the bat.

Back