FL Studio - Using PC Keyboard

Endless Insight

Money is a little bit too tight to afford a real midi controller at the moment, so I've been using my PC keyboard in FL studio to play the notes, then quantizing them in the piano roll.

My question: Is there a way to change the configuration of the notes on your PC keyboard in FL studio? The default setup makes it so some notes cannot be played, and the scales do not start in the places that I want them to on the keyboard.

you can get a decent midi controller for $100.00 (maybe even less). Don't short change youself using the pc keyboard...

I don't know of a way to do what your asking...

gb4double said:
you can get a decent midi controller for $100.00 (maybe even less). Don't short change youself using the pc keyboard...

I don't know of a way to do what your asking...

yes I know how much they cost

According to the manual:

Typing Keyboard to Piano ( Ctrl+T) - When turned on, you can use your typing keyboard to record notes as you would do with a real MIDI keyboard. Right-click the LED to select the base octave for mapping the keyboard keys.

So, it doesn't look like you can re-arrange the keys, just choose which octave.

Endless Insight said:
yes I know how much they cost
$100 isn't much to spend on accompanying your $100-$400 FL Studio on your hopefully up to date computer that would start at around $300. If a computer keyboard could do everything a midi keyboard could, musicians would just use the computer keyboard.

I don't think the computer keyboard can play more than 3 keys at once either. You're limiting yourself.

Back