FL-Studio tempo automation?

Eksodismal

very simple question... Hopefully it has a simple answer...
I have a tempo change in song... When it kicks in.. the audio clips i've recorded previously change length / resample automatically. I don't want this. i want the tempo change to occur without affecting any Samples length. Is this possible? If so... How?

See title :) FL studio 9

Oh goddamnit, my bad, I'm an idiot. Opened the thread but only started replying 5 minutes later. Sorry about that!

Anyway, I've tried this before, but, not exactly with automation clips, I don't think. You can do it easily by creating an automation clip, right clicking the tempo, "link to controller", link it to the automation clip, and then put the automation clip in the playlist, BUT... to do it accurately is another thing.

I did this a long time ago. It was really awkward to correlate an automation clip's "levels" of 1-100 with a beats-per-minute tempo. So, instead, I chose an empty pattern on my step sequencer, right-clicked the tempo, clicked "Edit Events", and used my mouse to set it up from there. It was practically the same thing as creating an automation clip, except this way, I could actually see the bpm/tempo I was setting it to. After I drew out my little "edit events" automation clip, I used that specific pattern merely for the automation.

It was a long time ago, and it was a little awkward if I remember correctly, but it worked out. Surely though there's better ways to do it than that...

Back