fl studio starting samples question

rasol

when i click on a sample to see what it sounds like, instruments always are in a minor key. when i put them in the sequencer they also play in the minor key. i was wondering if there is a way to make them not come out in a minor key because even with major chords they still sound negative

This does not make any sense to me what so ever, the instruments play in minor key when you audition them in the browser or what ever it is that you're doing? Obviously if you put a sample, that is playing a chord, and you put that into the sequencer.. it's going to do that, because you're only transposing the chord of the sample when you play up and down the keyboard.

I just dont get then why the samples are played in a minor chord. Going through the menu of instruments it sounds as though they are all played in a minor key.

Well sorry I don't know how to help you. If the samples your are using are chords, that's how they will stay and you can't really change that. If you know for a fact that they are supposed to be single notes, and that they are mysteriously playing chords anyway, then you need to ask someone else because I couldn't find any answers anywhere.

Sorry and good luck

alrighty i figured it out. anyone else agree that garage bands samples sound better than fl studios?

my lack of detail. going through the samples it shows in the name what key it is in, and i totally did not notice for some reason

Back