FL studio sampling w/o keeping original file

twenty4k

whats up everyone i tried to find something on this but couldnt so figured id start my own thread

if you're aware of sampling on fl studio you know that when you make a track that has a sample in it you need the samples original file if you wanted to open the session on another computer / fl studio. i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to open fl sessions on another computer without needing the original sample? sometimes when i record i cant take my laptop to a friends house so if anyone knows of a way to only need to take my sessions on a flash drive and open / use them without being setback by not having the sample on my flash drive it would be great cause as you can imagine i need as much space on the flash drive as i can get. thanks in advance for any help

How do you suppose that would work? The sound is peeing played through your hard drive to your daw if you are using the sample, and surprise, if you remove the sample, your sound will disappear as well.

Freezing a track might be a good idea, you think, but all it does is make another sample out of the track that should be stored somewhere in the project folder.

If FL studio has a self contain option im unaware of it might do ye trick, but you might as well just make sure you got all the samples in the project folder and compress it and take it with you.

would be easier to just zip save the project and hope the other pc has the plugins that you need

I would say buy a portable external hard drive so you could take more files with you as you go from place to place. But you could export the sample as a mp3 ( its saves the most space) and put that on your flash drive with the Fl studio project file. There is no exact way to do what you are trying to, so alternatives are the only option. I highly recommend buying the external hard drive though.

Back