FL STUDIO: Sampling Question ( how to make one sample cut off the other)

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xz_

Hi,

When I play a sample and then hit another sample they play over the top of eachother, how do I make it so when I trigger a sample on a different pad it cuts off the sample currently playing.

I know you can do it just forget how.

Hi,

When I play a sample and then hit another sample they play over the top of eachother, how do I make it so when I trigger a sample on a different pad it cuts off the sample currently playing.

I know you can do it just forget how.

cut groups on the fpc(fl 8 btw) next to midi note theres (cut) change that to 1 that then (by) change that to 1 and voila! yours samples won't overlap

have fun!

does anyone knows how to do this when working with FL Slicer and an MPD? I have to keep my pad pushed in so it will play but i just want it to be pushed just once and then cut off by the other, cut groups and release don't work

does anyone knows how to do this when working with FL Slicer and an MPD? I have to keep my pad pushed in so it will play but i just want it to be pushed just once and then cut off by the other, cut groups and release don't work

on the fruity slicer channel settings goto the INS tab and unselect the orange envelope light, then goto the MISC tab and set the polyphony to 1.

cut groups on the fpc(fl 8 btw) next to midi note theres (cut) change that to 1 that then (by) change that to 1 and voila! yours samples won't overlap

have fun!

but what about when there is two different sampling patterns, your plan works for the same sample group, how can i make one stop and another start

If you use the envelope settings in the options, you can draw out in the piano roll how long you want to the sample to play. (The sample will also play as long as you are pressing down on the key).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back