Thread: FL STUDIO: Sampling Question ( how to make one sample cut off the other)

Thanks

Exclamation FL STUDIO: Sampling Question ( how to make one sample cut off the other)

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi,

When I play a sample and then hit another sample they play over the top of eachother, how do I make it so when I trigger a sample on a different pad it cuts off the sample currently playing.

I know you can do it just forget how.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xz_ View Post
    Hi,

When I play a sample and then hit another sample they play over the top of eachother, how do I make it so when I trigger a sample on a different pad it cuts off the sample currently playing.

I know you can do it just forget how.
    cut groups on the fpc(fl 8 btw) next to midi note theres (cut) change that to 1 that then (by) change that to 1 and voila! yours samples won't overlap

have fun!
    Scarface once said "If you cant pay cash, you cant afford the sh!t".

Thanks
    does anyone knows how to do this when working with FL Slicer and an MPD? I have to keep my pad pushed in so it will play but i just want it to be pushed just once and then cut off by the other, cut groups and release don't work

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubleu2 View Post
    does anyone knows how to do this when working with FL Slicer and an MPD? I have to keep my pad pushed in so it will play but i just want it to be pushed just once and then cut off by the other, cut groups and release don't work

on the fruity slicer channel settings goto the INS tab and unselect the orange envelope light, then goto the MISC tab and set the polyphony to 1.

Thanks
    hero!!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon98 View Post
    cut groups on the fpc(fl 8 btw) next to midi note theres (cut) change that to 1 that then (by) change that to 1 and voila! yours samples won't overlap

have fun!
    but what about when there is two different sampling patterns, your plan works for the same sample group, how can i make one stop and another start

Thanks
    go into the MISC tab and set the CUT and BY to the same number for all the slicer channels.

Thanks
    If you use the envelope settings in the options, you can draw out in the piano roll how long you want to the sample to play. (The sample will also play as long as you are pressing down on the key).

Thread Information