Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fl studio , Rock is it possible?

Thanks

Fl studio , Rock is it possible?

Sign in to disable this ad
    The tittle says it all, is it possible to make a decent rock beat ( Not from me ) on Fl studio or would you have to do part software part live recording.. I don't understand much at all about the music industry but im learning.

Btw anyone knows where to find samples of rock cause I din't have luck.. Or do you use hip hop samples for this?

Thanks
    Yes it is possible to make a good rock song with FL. You can any genre of music with FL. They key is the sounds, instruments and arrangements.

What type of rock samples are you looking for? Drums or samples from old rock songs? Not sure what you mean here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [URL]http://beatseeds.com[/URL]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HIMbeats View Post
    Yes it is possible to make a good rock song with FL. You can any genre of music with FL. They key is the sounds, instruments and arrangements.

What type of rock samples are you looking for? Drums or samples from old rock songs? Not sure what you mean here.
    Well I really just want to make like system of a down type so I would say some drums , and probably other type of stuff. Because really I'm not sure my self I know i need to have a basic Idea to start but really I would like to just make the basic beat with some few percussion and I guess keyboard sounds.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vaironl View Post
    Well I really just want to make like system of a down type so I would say some drums , and probably other type of stuff. Because really I'm not sure my self I know i need to have a basic Idea to start but really I would like to just make the basic beat with some few percussion and I guess keyboard sounds.
    Well I would say the key to SOAD, Blink and other groups like that are the drum sounds. You may want to get a realistic drum plugin or additional drum sounds down the line, but you can do it with what you have in FL already. FL's stock drum sounds are really pretty good for rock and dance, just not that great for hip hop and that is why some people say that FL's sounds suck...they don't in general. Here is a guy that did Chop Suey in FL Studio with stock sounds. I would say get your arrangements right and use what you have, then look for sounds later if you can't find them in FL.

YouTube - SOAD- Chop Suey Drums in FL Studio
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [URL]http://beatseeds.com[/URL]

Thanks
    I was pretty amaze by that O_O the sounds wasn't the best yet the coordination was amazing . But Thanks for that Ill actually follow your idea .

I bought a Akai Professional MPK Mini Laptop Production Keyboard and I believe it will help me so when it arrives here about Thursday or Friday I'll give some use to it. Once again thanks

Thanks
    It's hard to replicate a live band with FL but not impossible. As a recorder/sequencer it is great but you're going to need some good sounds. A lot of people use things like BFD, which is quite good but you'll be doing a lot of programming work to get a sound which a good drummer could lay down in a single take.

If you didn't mention System of a Down I would say yes, because rock music (i.e Post Rock) can sound like anything it wants to. But when you mention a band which has a pretty live, trashy feel (from what I've heard) it sounds a bit farfetched or just a bit backwards to want to do that with software.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LostProfit View Post
    It's hard to replicate a live band with FL but not impossible. As a recorder/sequencer it is great but you're going to need some good sounds. A lot of people use things like BFD, which is quite good but you'll be doing a lot of programming work to get a sound which a good drummer could lay down in a single take.

If you didn't mention System of a Down I would say yes, because rock music (i.e Post Rock) can sound like anything it wants to. But when you mention a band which has a pretty live, trashy feel (from what I've heard) it sounds a bit farfetched or just a bit backwards to want to do that with software.
    Well yea it is hard. but my goal for now is just to make any type of rock beat because I'm new and that would be what I need to start with.

Though i have played around with Fl studio for some time doing bad hiphop beats which makes me recognize the interface of the program

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vaironl View Post
    Though i have played around with Fl studio for some time doing bad hiphop beats which makes me recognize the interface of the program
    I have plenty of this experience.

I'm not sure what genre I make at the moment but its basically something which has developed from hip-hop through trip-hop to something like post rock, experimental, free jazz or modern classical. Hopefully anyway. but to get to the last few stages, I started to think about recording real instruments, quite a while ago.

You should listen to some Fridge (Four Tet's band) and notice that they have an album where one track is live, the next is a sampled live kit, the next is completely programmed, and it all sounds good.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LostProfit View Post
    I have plenty of this experience.

I'm not sure what genre I make at the moment but its basically something which has developed from hip-hop through trip-hop to something like post rock, experimental, free jazz or modern classical. Hopefully anyway. but to get to the last few stages, I started to think about recording real instruments, quite a while ago.

You should listen to some Fridge (Four Tet's band) and notice that they have an album where one track is live, the next is a sampled live kit, the next is completely programmed, and it all sounds good.
    Thanks for all of those categories I was actually going to start a new thread for what kind of music I should listen to familiarize myself with different tones , but you just answered it.

Fridge sounds like excellent music with no rules!
    Last edited by vaironl; 04-21-2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Wrong word

Thanks
    anything is possible! just have to work hard to achieve it

Thread Information