FL Studio piano roll notes. Can you "fade in/fade out" them?

G

gettingstarted

I just wonder is there any possibility to fade in/fade out notes in the FL Studio piano roll to get a little smoother attacks and releases, coz it's very iritating when you use i.e.: a 3xOsc and this low bass notes just kick's in like the kick drum. There should be only a clear bass sound without this "punch in click".

Yes you have to open the plugin window i.e. 3x osc and adjust the envelope in there, its under one of those tabs (SMP/INS/MISC)

To add to what btownpro, said.....That's not a function of the piano roll. The piano roll just arranges notes and tells the instrument when to play them. Attacks and releases are the function of the synth or sampler itself. For sample channels in FL the attack, sustain, decay, release (ASDR) can be adjusted in the Instrument (INS) tab of the sampler channel. I think the 3xOSC is just an extension of the sampler channel, and contains this tab.

Other synth plugins should have their own ASDR controls, if not, then that's a shortcoming of the plugin, not of FL or the piano roll.

Last edited:
And just in case he was referring to each note, then chances are what he wants to do is set the velocity per note. Else above answers should apply.

if you want to fade out 1 specific note, that is not possible, you can fade out the channel volume, but not individual notes

Dr. G said:
if you want to fade out 1 specific note, that is not possible, you can fade out the channel volume, but not individual notes
You're wrong. Each note in Piano Roll you can adjust panning, velocity, release, cutoff, resonance and pitch. That's per note not per channel.

The magic word here boys and girls... ATTACK. The other magic word... RELEASE. Attack would be fading in... release would be fading out, (along with sustain.) Holler.

Back