Fl Studio/MPD24/"16 Levels"??

ozee207

I saw a video of marco polo, using his mpd as a controller for a synth sound he loaded, in I guess how you would describe it as using it to play the same sound in 16 levels. So it would be, say, a horn sound, and each pad would at the same sound, but at a different pitch or octave, all while maintaining (for the most part) the length of the sample. Obviously doing this, each octave up or down slightly loses quality, but it's good for bass. If anyone knows what I mean, and knows how to do it in FL studio with the mpd I'd greatly appreciate it. I kno that the mpd has a 16 levels button, but all that does is place the sound on all the pads, it doesn't effect the pitch in anyway. Please help! Thanks on advance to my FP family. Good looks to those who have any insight or suggestions. Also, if anyone knows why pad bank B isn't correct in Fl studio, and has a solution that'd be dope too. What I mean is when u switch to bank b, and load the samples, wen u play them, they aren't in the correct assigned pads, they are all shuffled and mixed up. Wierd. Pad bank A is on point, but no matter how you do it in the B bank they are always mixed up. Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

I saw a video of marco polo, using his mpd as a controller for a synth sound he loaded, in I guess how you would describe it as using it to play the same sound in 16 levels. So it would be, say, a horn sound, and each pad would at the same sound, but at a different pitch or octave, all while maintaining (for the most part) the length of the sample. Obviously doing this, each octave up or down slightly loses quality, but it's good for bass. If anyone knows what I mean, and knows how to do it in FL studio with the mpd I'd greatly appreciate it. I kno that the mpd has a 16 levels button, but all that does is place the sound on all the pads, it doesn't effect the pitch in anyway. Please help! Thanks on advance to my FP family. Good looks to those who have any insight or suggestions. Also, if anyone knows why pad bank B isn't correct in Fl studio, and has a solution that'd be dope too. What I mean is when u switch to bank b, and load the samples, wen u play them, they aren't in the correct assigned pads, they are all shuffled and mixed up. Wierd. Pad bank A is on point, but no matter how you do it in the B bank they are always mixed up. Thanks again.

** in using the Mpd 24 btw, I forgot to say that in the post.

the marco polo video you are talking about could have been done in several ways. the mpd 24 nor do any of the mpd or mpk series natively offer pitch based 16 level just velocity. he more than likely loaded the sample into an instance of his favorite software sampler and played the pads like u would do a 16 level pitch on a mpc

just load a basstone into a new channel.. it automaticly has the "pitch" 16 levels.. when you play it on your mpd...

I was once wondering the same thing until I learned what the hell 16 levels was on my mpc 2000xl. Its just like loading the sample and playing it across the keyboard. Like the dude above me said, load your sample and then play the pads, that's 16 levels.

Back