FL Studio - How do I put together a sliced audio clip in the playlist

erison

Hi all! I sliced an audioclip in the playlist and moved the clips apart from another. Now I changed my mind and want to "glue them back together". Is this possible? (If not, I would at least like them to snap to eachother so they are as one, even though still splitted.)

Thanks in advance :)

Kind Regards, Erik

You could try Slicex if you have it or the Fruity Slicer (which comes free with FL). You can drop the slices into there and add markers to each slice. Then you can go into the piano roll and create custom loops buy inputting MIDI notes that are assigned to each slice. Slicex is really good for this. I think that might be a solution to what your after (if not, I apologize). Hope this helps :)

Thanks. Maybe I'm not used to the FL Studio logic of doing things, but I think it's easier to drag an audioclip on a track then using slices... But of course you are right that Slicex wouldn't give me this problem!

Looks like there's no glue function known :( Please let me know if anyone finds one!

If you chopped them right on the lines on the grid you can use the "snap to grid" function to snap them back together, but if you chopped them kinda random, not exactly on the grid, what you need to do is turn your "snap" to "none" and drag the chop back into place. There's not really a glue function so once its chopped i think its always going to be 2 separate pieces so if you want to move it around again just highlight both pieces then move them as one. Of course you can always bounce it to wav if you really need to be one piece again.

Thanks! Seems like I have to live without the gluefunction ;'( Probably I will get into the "FL flow" later on!

That's one of the many things that Image Line need to fix IMO. Consolidating audio clips takes 2 clicks in any other DAW but in FL you have to export and re-import the bounced WAV.

Back