FL Studio - How do I change BPM of finished track (with wavs)

jxjaminxj

I am able to change the BPM on tracks where I don't export wav files, but if there are wav's involved they never stretch with the rest of the beat. What ends up happening is everything except the wavs adjust tempo while the wavs remain unchanged.. im sure theres a simple way to get everything to adjust accordingly.. any suggestions?

Open the wav inside Edison. Right-click on the "tempo" box and set the tempo of the sample to the tempo it is originally. Save it as new sample. Load it into playlist. Change the tempo of the project to match the tempo of the sample. go to channel settings and in the "time" knob right click it and choose "Autodetect". Inside it, choose ...BMP(Project). Click ok. Now change the project back to the tempo you want and it will be automatically stretched. If it sounds weird, at the right part just at the side of the time knob, there's a drop down menu where you'll see the word "resample". Click it and choose the other options until it sounds like the original.

Here's another way without Edison: First set your project tempo to the original BPM count, then drop the wav into the playlist, go into the wav's settings (double-click it), right-click "Time" > Autodetect > Type in (BPM) > Enter original BPM (same as you entered for your project tempo).
Then switch "Mode" to "Pro default" in FL 11; Use "Auto" instead in FL 12.
Now you can freely change the tempo of your project, the wav clip will timestretch properly.

Back