FL Studio, help with Patterns and Playlist variation!

Nainifoe

Hi! I have a pattern with a snare in it that i've put into the Playlist. Now i want some variation, but everytime i try to change a note, it changes in the previous pattern in the Playlist as well. I tried googling it, but I only found people saying that I have to copy the patterns and stuff. Since I have different instruments in different patterns, does that mean i have to copy or clone all of them everytime i want a new variation? I only want to put my snare a little bit to the left, that can't be that hard right? Please help! / Jonatan.

Last edited:
What i do. I make my entire beats in 8 bar Patterns by copying them.

Like the Intro is 1 Pattern, first verse is 2 Patterns, the hook 1 Pattern, second verse 2 Patterns, second hook 1 Pattern, 3d verse i 2 Patterns, 3d hook 2 Patterns, Outro 1 Pattern.

And i put all my instruments in these Patterns. I don't make different patterns for my instruments i like to keep it all in 1 Pattern.

I have faced your problem multiple times as well,but unfortunately as I learned,there's nothing to do about that. Here's what:Say you want to use a particular sound in multiple patterns, the safest route is NOT to use the SAME instrument in the other pattern because it already exists there,but rather to send that sound yet again to the newer pattern. In this case,you can change the notes as many times as you wish without having to worry about ruining the sound as you have played it in other patterns in your playlist. I hope I have made sense!

Last edited:
Back