FL Studio - Change Plugins To Audio Files within Project

Chris Stebbins

Hey guys! Sorry if this is a ridiculous question. But I was looking for some help from any FL Studio users. I have a good PC, but the new track I'm working on has so many channels, plugins, automation etc that its becoming very difficult to edit the track or add more to it without it running like shit. So I was wondering if there is an easy way to convert some of my channels to audio on the fly without having to bounce everything to stems and reload them.

I basically don't want my PC getting bogged down with so many plugins running, but I don't wanna bounce everything out of the project to audio stems and then have to reload them into the project all separately.

Hopefully this makes sense to some of you.. Thanks!

Do you have set the buffer size to maximum yet?

Anyway I would recommend to render all signals from virtual instruments before mixing.

Do you have set the buffer size to maximum yet?

Anyway I would recommend to render all signals from virtual instruments before mixing.

Thanks for your response! Buffer is set to max. As for rendering all signals from virtual instruments before mixing, is there a quicker way to just snap them to audio as opposed to rendering them to separate stems and then loading them back into the project as audio files?

I think I've seen this in another DAW, which I believe might have been Abelton.

Load up edison in your mixer and record you're midi there, then put the audio files in your playlist and don't delete the original patterns ! Replace the vst's with samplers (none) so you keep the midi information just in case. Hope this helps you out man

Cant you just put them all on seperate mixer channels then export with "split mixer channels" checked then pull them back up as audio files? I guess thats what u are trying to avoid doing, i feel you but i dont know of an easier way.

Last edited:
Back