fl Studio ASIO4all

ShySlugg

i use ASIO4all with fl studio but i always have spotify and skype open when im not on fl. but everytime i open it up i have to close out skype, spotify, and chrome. i was just wondering if thers a way that i can just mute all of them somehow or something, so that i dont have to keep closing them all out.

You might be able to set FL studio up to take exclusive control over the drivers whenever it's open. At least Cubase has this kind of function, but can't be sure about FL. Either way, I don't understand how anyone can make music while being distracted by all kinds of Shit like emails, forums and Facebook.

Minimise the distraction!

Last edited:
as far as i know.. no. asio takes up all your audio output.. and won't work with another application running that uses audio ..

You could try JACK (JACK Audio Connection Kit) - yes, it's a recursive name. This will let you route audio in/out to different programs and assign which combination or sequence of audio signals will go where. It's a bit technical, so it helps if you understand how a computer audio system works. Combined with ASIO4ALL I imagine you should be able to combine whatever signals you want and route them to A4A to be output.

If you're on a Mac, you can use Soundflower by Cycling74(the guys that made Max/MSP and Max for Live). This gives you virtual audio ins and outs you can route from one app to another.

Like Wallengard said, I can't imagine why you'd want that stuff running when working on audio, but if you must...

Cheers,

Rob

Back