FL Studio 11... Worth waiting for? Or did you expect more?

I have free lifetime updates so I can wait
64bit is going to be nice

-Coach Antonio

I agree. Lifetime free updates is a beautiful thing. I recently switched to using Ableton 9 but I have nothing but love for FL and i will keep it installed on my PC. I like the look of the Bassdrum and VFX Keymapper plugins. I'm excited to give FL 11 a whirl.

It's one of more ''feature packed'' major DAW releases as of late.

Both Pro Tools and Ableton were a bit ''meh''.

If FL 11 64 bit is anything like Live 9 64 bit it will be awesome but until then I'm still not satisfied. I need that 64 bit version on FL and even though they're working on it. It needed to drop with it. The new instruments are pretty tight too and 199 is nice but that 64 bit is crucial right now.

If FL 11 64 bit is anything like Live 9 64 bit it will be awesome but until then I'm still not satisfied. I need that 64 bit version on FL and even though they're working on it. It needed to drop with it. The new instruments are pretty tight too and 199 is nice but that 64 bit is crucial right now.

I agree.

Can't rewire with Ableton until this happens. :(

After messing around with FL 11 for the past couple of days, I've concluded that FL can't touch Ableton. I love FL for what it is but it seems like (IMO) Live steers me towards progress whereas FL hinders my progress. I'm not saying that Live makes me a great producer, i'm saying that i can make my same suck ass tracks a lot quicker and easier in Live, which allows me more time to experiment and improve my skills.

Is Live perfect? No. Does FL do a few things better than live? The Piano roll... Lifetime free updates is fantastic and the price. I spent $400 more on Live than i did for FL.

So, to answer my own question: I am am a little disappointed with FL 11. This is my first update so i don't know if it was fair of me to expect a completely revamped DAW. FL is great for starting out and i'll say these things so that others don't have to waste their time: 1. I'm not a super producer or FL master and i have plenty of shortcomings in that area. 2. Plenty of notable professional producers use FL. 3. Workflow is based on preference and personal opinion.

I am separated from FL and going steady with Ableton. I will always remember the times FL and i had but we just grew apart. It's not you FL Studio... It's me. I hope that we can remain friends.

I exspected more. but I don't exspect much.. FL10 has been just perfect, i dont see much more going on in fl11 that would be usefull.. for me.. besides having the newest version installed.. some people might like the new shit though..

They need better midi for mutlitimbral instruments and better audio recording.. but i started using reaper for recording and probly wont switch anytime soon..

I'm on a mac and still using Pro Tools LE 8, so maybe I missed something...

Seriously asking, what's the big hang up on 64 bit? I actually run all my programs in 32bit to keep everything compatable. All my stuff seems to run smoother in 32bit as well. Is 64 that much better, or is it a compatability thing with Windows?

EDIT: Nvmd, forgot windows won't run off more than 3gb ram in 32bit. Been a while since I sat in front a PC for music.

Last edited:
I don't plan on "buying it from my boy Torrence McWares" since I only fux with the vintage FL plugins so I can pretty much make beats with any version after 6.0, but from what I've heard from one of my boys, FL 11 was designed solely for dubstep producers, now I'm not sure if that's just what he thinks or Imagine Line said it themselves but if that's the case, they sold out lol. I mean it's not that I don't like dubstep but what would I do with some crazy bass effects when I'm making a RZA inspired beat lol. I think that Image Line is pretty much forced to create more and more plugins for this new-age bubble gum bullshit nowadays, otherwise they'd be broke as ****

What do you use? I think Reason and Live have the worst with there tiny ass sequencing views.

I can deal with ableton's pain roll, I don't mind, but I kinda get annoyed with Reasons one, don't know why..

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

I love FL, but I have to boot win7 through bootcamp every time I want to use it, the day they actually come up with a mac version for fl will be the greatest day in existences (well for me)

If they ever finally release a Mac version of FL Studio I swear I'm switching to Mac; so fed up with my PCs. Anyway.. have they fixed the weird piano roll glitch (where it zooms all the way in each time you reopen the piano roll) yet? I've been holding off on upgrading to 11 from 10 ever since I heard about it.

Back