Finally went legit :)

M

mistaox

I thought the day would never come but here I am.
After over a decade of 'tryin before buyin' any and every DAW you could imagine, I coughed up the cash and got a fully licensed version of what I feel, IMO, is the best DAW on the market.

CUBASE 5.

Man, what an ordeal it was.
It took 3 separate trips to the local GC before i could even get my hands on it....Then I had to clear out all the pirated Steinberg plugins. The eLicenser DOES NOT like that emulated crap....Then my Audio Interface died...or so I thought...a quick firmware update and about a dozen reboots took care of that...doing the right thing certainly takes effort..lol..All my old projects open and it feels good. :)

Why Cubase 5?
Its simple to use, yet very powerful. I can compose, record, edit and mix all in one project, without ever leaving Cubase.
The updated GrooveAgentOne in ver 5.5 alone was worth the effort.

just thought i'd share.

Last edited by a moderator:
usually id delete threads like this but i am glad that you went legit idk what its like to not be legit i started legit and never went back

I've been legit since day one, and have no regrets. I think it makes you really appreciate what you have. Almost but not quite like hardware users sense of attachment.

It was tough to convince myself to drop hundreds on software that I might not use for more than a week. So I pirated some things first, played around, found out I really liked this. Once I was spending money on a controller, new music to expand my horizons, etc, the cost of a DAW was just another reasonable expense to fuel what I spend damn near every day doing. I can grok why people start on a pirated DAW (though, had I known at the time, I woulda just rocked Reaper), but if you keep at it, it's shady not to've paid for your tools.

Damn it took ten years for u to go legit? Damn dog thats like a car thief stealing cars for ten years and then finally buying one to go along wih his already stolen cars lol

I don't advocate piracy, but I don't understand the "legit" ordeal. I legally own like 99.9% of the albums I got. Still slipped in a few from blogspots because I couldn't find them anywhere else. Some would call me a crook, but I'VE INVESTED AROUND $30,000 into albums!!!! F**K YOU!!!

I own all my software. A lot of stuff I have I once had bootlegged. I still have a few things I use that are "illegal software", including a Triton Refill I bought for $40 on ebay that still violates laws because it was not made by Korg or with Korg's permission. And I OWN A TRITON RACK!

I think it's lame to not invest in your music and support companies that provide you with what you feel are quality products, but I also think it's lame to overanalyze what you OWN.

Example...I bought Battery 3 for the drum samples. $200 for .wav Drums! I bootlegged Logic to see if I'd like it(no demo). I didn't like it, so rather than buying it, it was deleted from my computer. I did keep the Ultrabeat drums. I don't care how you view me, I'm not a crook in my book. What was i supposed to do? Pay $500 for a program I'd only use the .wav drums out of? Or should i have deleted the drums even though they sounded good?

Guess most would beleive I shoulda deleted them and just sampled drums from a song I don't legally own the rights to? Same thing, right?

Again, not advocating stealing, and this type stuff will get you banned, but since the thread existed, thought I'd vent.

Last edited:
Guess most would beleive I shoulda deleted them and just sampled drums from a song I don't legally own the rights to? Same thing, right?

Negative. I look at drum samples as free stock. I think most "legits" gripe with the piracy of daws and vsts. More so vsts than daws for some reason.

burned 'em...

good point, sir.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

Negative. I look at drum samples as free stock

so do we have a consensus here?

"samples" are up for acceptable? but DAW & VST software is unacceptable as far as "warez" are concerned?

if its quality whale meat, it tastes like regular beef steak, only more tender. sometimes youre unlucky and get meat that tastes like fish liver (disgusting), but that's only if its been thawed for too long before it's cooked.

yeah, i know. its illegal in most countries though. i dont see why, its not like all types of whale are endangered species

Damn it took ten years for u to go legit? Damn dog thats like a car thief stealing cars for ten years and then finally buying one to go along wih his already stolen cars lol

So wait....car thieves actually keep the cars they steal??

ANALOGY: FAIL

I'm not trying to convince anyone that 100% of my stuff is "legal".

Last edited by a moderator:
Back