Filters in Sonar 2

J

J-squared

I've been using Reason for the last year and a half and I often like to automate the cuttoff frequency and resonance of a filter on my tracks. Recently I've been working with Sonar 2 which has a much broader range of effects with its ability to use all dX effects. I want to make use of filters in Sonar 2 in the same way as I do in Reason but I can't find any dX filters that will allow me to automate their cuttoff frequency and resonance. Maybe I am missing something as it seems to me to be something that people would do often. Can I make one of the Cakewal FX work this way for me or can anyone recomend a dX plug in that might work for me. Thanks.

Yeah. You can do it.

Patch a real time effect to a track. Then select that track. Right click on it in the clips pane. Select envelope then add the effect (prbably eq in this case) you just patched in. Now select what part of the effect it is you want to sweep. Perhaps a high freq pass or whatever. Click OK and you should now be able to draw the filter sweep graphically over the track.

There is a tutorial on how to do this somewhere. I'll have a look for it later. It's on the British Cakewalk dealer's site.

m

Back