File conversions?

Wontonchuckson

My name's Kevin and I just joined this thing like a couple of days ago :) I'm having trouble uploading a picture but eh whatever. Anyway I have a question (duh). I just tried to convert some audio files to .wav file format (files of .W7p(s) and .W8p(s) format from the Yamaha Motif 8ES) and that totally didn't work out as I've NEVER seen that file format before. However I also have a Korg Triton workstation and I was wondering if it would be possible to convert <i>those</i> files into wav files as I'm not sure what type of file formats the data is generally "converted" to within the keyboard itself.

Any tips, answers, or advice?

<-Kev->
<!-- LAST LINE OF POST (buttons, time, etc) -->

FIRST TIP:

Learn what the various file types are, and what they contain.

Oh yea wait a minute I already knew what they were converted to in the first place (don't why I said I didn't lol) Anyway the Korg files are stored to .SNG format and the Motif files are stored to .W7s(p) or .W8s(p) format....so then what? What are different ways to convert these files to .wav format?

<-Kev->

I still think you are confused about filetypes, but I don't know 100% so I'm not going to be an a$$ about it, lol.

You will probably get th most direct and accurate responses from the forum at motifator.com

Haha w/ev man. I probably am as I am BRAND SPANKING NEW to any of this. But I think an easier question to answer would be: in order to take the songs I have on my keyboard (the Mo ES8 but more preferably my KORG Triton Workstation) and turn them into songs that can be stored and listened to on my computer and/or burned to a CD, what do I need? All I have at the moment is a keyboard and a computer (hope that's relatively specific enough as I know there tends to be a whole lot to this "producing" thing lol)

<-Kev->

You have to record the audio from the workstation into whatever will let you burn an audio disc. I prefer the digital route whenver possible. So you'd run the digital out from the motif (if available) to the motif in of the computer soundcard (if available) and record the audio with a free program like audacity. 16bit 44.1khz should be what you want for audio discs.

Revolution

See I have this same problem, i have sold my es8 and bought a new keyboard but ""the different sheet music wont have the same keyboard sounds on it""lol, and yet your computer cant read it without the motif es8 and a yamaha TWE needs a keyboard y cant they make this super simple, visited the problem under sninety and RE: Revolution @ motifator and ppl with the same problem ive got my old trusty usb from my old motif es8 and amazing sheet music and no sound... :( yea pc..

:cheers:

Last edited:
The files from a Motif and Triton are data files. They don't contain any audio. They only tell the workstation how to play the track. There is no way to convert it. You have to sync it up via midi to a computer and record the audio in a recording software.

yea i know all that but im out of a motif and only got my trusty usb, so im lost for idea on how to get my beats back so i can hear them.. i know all the technical stuff and why i dont have actuall "beats"
i know its like sheet music... but is there another option besides having to buy another motif and returning it after im done?? for my trusty usb sheet music?

Last edited:
Revolution

Too Bad when we signed up, we knew that we would be stuck with a specific brand. its too bad that quality hasnt become like shareware for simple ppl, wouldnt that make the smart ppl come first... because weve got ideas to build upon and make better, then new ones arise. because our inegrated piece of mind has just.. recconized a pattern.:confused:

:cheers:

Revolution

ShareWare.. lol somebody needs to resolve this issue in this thread bout motief recconize, network the ppl.. before i go and bye a motief, cuz i got only one trusty usb stick, haha and the world in my hands.. invest in quality and it will invest in you, give the ppl what the need.. :sing: if everybody networked there knoledge; to everyone, the Brilliant ppl would rise, just in power we scared to share.. 1

Back