Edison or Audacity???

I use Audacity now with fruityloops but I've been hearing alot of people talking about edison is it better then audacity as far as sampling goes I was reading about it and I want to know when you chop the sample up can you play each slice across on your keyboard if you can I'm getting Edison

Last edited:
Edison is a beast. I used to use Adobe Audition b4 I had Edison, but now that I have Edison, there's no use for Adobe Audition. I even deleted it, so I could free up some space on my hard drive. Again, Edison is a beast! I used to use Audacity as well, but I haven't used dat in ages.

Last edited:
Atl crunk man, how much space did you save, a whoppin 40MB? Haha, i'm just foolin with u, i laugh cause i remember thinkin how small of a footprint audition had compared to other programs on my computer. Like of the other joints in the adobe/macromedia suites i got. Why is one program alone like 989MB? Thats almost a gig on the program itslef, let alone the content i create with it. Wacky stuff.

LevLove said:
Atl crunk man, how much space did you save, a whoppin 40MB? Haha, i'm just foolin with u, i laugh cause i remember thinkin how small of a footprint audition had compared to other programs on my computer. Like of the other joints in the adobe/macromedia suites i got. Why is one program alone like 989MB? Thats almost a gig on the program itslef, let alone the content i create with it. Wacky stuff.
Dat actually made me laugh. Good 1! :)

Edison is a beast, i chopped my favorite songs on there and made ringtones with it lol. Maybe i may get into sampling one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
A I was wondering is it possible to take out the buzz from Ripped Records files in Edison? I know that it's possible in audacity.

Back