Dub Turbo - my 7th day

falcore

I've had DT for a week now. I've played the drums for a few years. I havn't previously toyed with music production.

The sounds are lame but it's easy to use. You need a new computer. Worth $30 + $32 licence. I went from making horrible beats that would take a couple hours, then yesterday I made a hot banger in 20 minutes. It's not the greatest but it's great for 7 days.

I've made 7 beats, mostly bass testers and just playing with simple beats. One is "completed" but not mastered, and it's in pieces (intro, outro, choruses, verses 1 & 3, verse 2) because my computer can't handle the 50 bars X 7 layers lol. I'm having trouble uploading the two .wav's (chorus and verse 2). Verse 2 is a little different from 1 & 3 but you get the idea.

It goes:

intro
chorus
verse 1
chorus
verse 2
verse 2
chorus
verse 3
chorus
outro
chorus (fading out)

What do you think? The piano got annoying after awhile. I was going to double up the kicks because they don't seem hard-hitting, I didn't want to clip it though. It's fine for now.

There's supposed to be a constant low bass line during the choruses but I don't have good headphones or subs so I can't hear it well. Verses 1 & 3 have 2 low bass drops, and verse 2 has 4 drops.

Tempfiles.net won't let me see my upload after it's done, doesn't give me a link, I'll update later.

What do you think?

I don't know what to think. It's not like you've posted a link so that anyone can hear it. So how is anyone suppose to think anything other than the fact that this must be some kind of a joke??????:banghead:

I don't know what to think. It's not like you've posted a link so that anyone can hear it. So how is anyone suppose to think anything other than the fact that this must be some kind of a joke??????:banghead:

I can't find a .wav uploader that works with my dial-up, they're all screwing up. Can someone host these for me? 3 MB each.

facepalm.jpg

I said I'd update, morons. Now **** off.

Really? All that?

Who are you mad at? Only two people replied to this thread. You opened this thread to talk about a beat you made, that no one can hear, yet you want opinions on it.

I don't get it.

Exactly who is the moron?

There are plenty of ways for people to hear your music online. You can use Soundclick, Sound Cloud, file sharer websites, etc.... Pick one and set that up before you come on here asking for opinions. Don't start a thread about it, and then not let anyone hear it, and then get mad because others poke fun at how ridiculous YOU look.

Get your shit together man, for real!!!!

I'm hardly mad at people calling me dumb because THEY CAN'T READ!

"I don't know what to think"

I'll update later, which is what you should have thought. I said the file loaders weren't working for me, and I've tried them all.

"because expressing how dumb that was just can't be put into words"

What's dumb? Me? File uploaders, 56k? You for not reading?

It's pretty obvious that when I get my files working you would refer to my first post, where "what do you think?" would make more sense.

You two really are stupid.

BUT THIS GUY, HE JUST LIKE, MADE A POST REFERING TO SOMETHING THAT WASN'T THERE, WHAT IN GODS NAME SHOULD I DO?! TELL HIM, EVEN THOUGH HE KNOWS?

The stupid one is the one who starts a thread, and goes in to detail about something that only he can hear.

That's STUPID!!!!

& yet, it keeps getting funnier by the minute.

stupid_people-12941.gif

Last edited:
This is your first post and it is quite obvious that this is nothing more than SPAM. I sold Dub Turbo before and your post looks like it is straight from their affiliate page. We are the morons because we can't read? No you are the moron for making a post with no sound link. We don't need to wait for an update. Your post said that the piano was annoying, you mixed it in headphones (a no no) and bad ones at that and you have no sub and here is the topper you are on DIAL UP !! LOL...You said, "It's pretty obvious that when I get my files working you would refer to my first post, where "what do you think?" would make more sense." NO what is pretty obvious is you should not have posted this until then. FAIL.

I'm sorry for being a dick but I was at the end of typing all of that when the file didn't work so I said I'll update it in what I thought would be minutes so I didn't save it elsewhere. I thought who would see it?

I was very weary of Dub Turbo, and I wrote like 4000 words of how crappy their advertising is to send them but I didn't (I saved that). When I searched for DT, I found it mentioned on "is this a scam.com" etc. I bought it anyway, thinking that the youtube vids show a working program.

I read all the bogus reviews, they're all different but they sound the same, right? This isn't a scam, it's a review. I'll prove it. Don't buy Dub Turbo, it's the worst DAW in DAW history. It fkin' blows. It's so bad that when I use it I want to shove screw-drivers into my ear canals so that I can never hear its god aweful sound again, just a bloody mess. There are babies in Africa who are starving because of Dub Turbo. How's that for spam? I don't think a scam would bad mouth its own product.

DT 1.5 is good for me, a beginner. The sounds are lame but it's easy to use. I can't find awesome instruments and a really good drum kit. I can't tell which frequency of bass I'm using, I just pick the lowest I can. That's about it.

Is DT like the n00b DAW or something?

Here's my beat. I don't have a mixer, I used Windows Movie-something so there's 2-4 second breaks between the intro, choruses, verses, and outros. It won't even let me post links so use www obviously.

tempfiles.net/download/201101/139339/right-now.html

Yeah, I'll get a mixer. Do you know how hard downloading is with dial-up? There isn't high-speed available here.

I have Grado SR80 headphones which pick up everything great but one side works sometimes (I soldered it before), and I can't bloody find them, they're my babies! I have three Eclipse SW8200's in 3.75 cubes sealed but I need a 2kw amp for them. They drop soooo looow.

Dub Turbo costs $30, I believe.

You are much better off getting Reaper.

http://www.reaper.fm/

It's a real DAW packed with features. Then you can go to KVR:

http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php

There you can read, learn, and download a ton of free plug ins that can be used with Reaper. Even if you are a beginner, you don't have to be stuck with something as ridiculous as Dub Turbo. Reaper is real!!!!

Is this software good for newbies at least?

Don't even know how I got to this page, just surfing the nets and dubturbo rears its head again. To answer this question (which may be held by many looking at this page) NO. The only thing this DAW is really good for is playing back notes. The sounds provided are weak and it doesn't provide the capability to manipulate sounds to make them better, clean and powerful. Being able to manipulate sounds is pretty much the point of music production, so this is something that everyone has to learn. Newbies included. I can't really pretend to be a good teacher (then again, I haven't tried too much) but doing it properly doesn't necessarily mean being thrown in at the deep end. It's better to get a legit DAW (as kb420 said, Reaper is legit and affordable) and learn how to tweak sounds and produce music in a variety of ways. There are loads of great tuts on the internet to show you the way, and a great website called futureproducers.com. The only people who would be impressed by dubturbo are non-musicians who think its cool that you can make little noises. Really its no more impressive than me posting on this thread and showing all my friends that "I'm on the internet! Aren't I great!!!"

If you don't take music production seriously, that's fair enough. If you do, stay away from dubturbo and put the hard work in to get better. We all did.

Hey whats cracking.. Any body wana trade dubturbo 2.0 for beat thang...its worth more than dubturbo ... I just wana check it out..it will help me out n it will help u out...

There are good free, and affordable programs out there that I would consider first.

I think MuLab free is a good start, and not overly complicated.

There are plenty of usefull free DAW's btw.

Back