Drum Sequencing in FL Studio 9

ABSiNT

After moving from Reason to FL Studio, the only thing that I'm having a hard time with is the drum sequencing.

I'm used to setting up 8 bar drum patterns in Redrum and then copying them to the sequencer, or just coloring in the blocks straight from the sequencer. After I had my eight bar pattern, I would just copy and paste to the end of the track.

When it comes to making drums in FL Studio, I find myself stretching the pattern sequencer across the screen only to accidently switch to pattern two.

I fugured out the piano roll method, but I'm having a hard time with the whole copy and pasting aspect. Why the need for the paint bush when copying and pasting would be so much more sufficent???

Does anybody have some advice on making an 8 bar drum pattern in FL Studio from the perspective of a Reason user? If not, I'll take any piece of advice! :confused:

You post a useful topic like this, nobody responds.

You post a FL vs Reason topic and everybody goes buck.

What's with this site?!

i don't really understand what you're trying to ask.. once you have an 8-bar drum part, select it in the playlist and paintbrush it in for the whole song...?

im primarily a FLStudio user because sequencing drums is so easy yet so complex...but i use reason because when you have a MIDI controller is like you have a 8900 dollar synthesizer with expandability...but im a FL guy but i still give reason the respect it deserves because it is powerful

If you want to draw into the step sequencer, all you need to do is to set the pattern length to 8 bars. Copying and pasting in the piano roll isn't hard at all, but becomes ridiculously simple if you set the main snap to 1 bar. Sounds like you just need to become more familiar with the tools that are available to you in FL Studio. My advice is to watch as many of the tutorials as you can stand on youtube, and seeing the tools in use will make using them clearer with every video. Good luck!

Back