Dr Dre Sound in fruity loops

K

Killa4Scrilla

Does anyone how to make that old dr dre high pitched sound he always put in his songs, or where to get a wav file for fruity loops to make the sound?

Add a channel and select the OSCx type thing I forgot the exact name. Its like a Sine wave or something similar. Then click it on the channel and play around with it(detune, change volume, chnage shape) until you get the synth sound u want.

He's talking about the Worm sound. I know 2 synths that can do it with presets. 1. Retro AS-1 from Bitheadz software which I don't believe is being sold anymore but I have an old copy of it. There should be a range of leads that will get you that sound in that synth. 2. MDA JX 10 has a preset called "gangsta whine". It's exactly the Worm but don't expect it to be as nice and fat, it's a free synth that's 5 years old. Even still, with a little FX, it's still useable. I've used it once in a west coast joint I did...5 years ago.

u can do it with 3xOSC aswell as MDA JX10.. with the 3xosc u gotta get some pitch automation going..

Back