Dont take FL seriously!

who cares man, let the music do the talkin
That was the most senseable thing that anybody has said and it didni't take 1 million words to do it. If you use FL cool. If you use Reason cool. If you use a MPC thats cool too. I personally don't give a flyin "YOU KNOW" what another producer uses until I gotta work wit him. Even then he does his part with what he uses. I do my part and cassics come out in the end.

Stop argueing over petty stuff cause it the end we all are gonna use what we have been blessed to use. Me personally I USE REASON AND DON"T CARE WHO LIKES OR DOESN"T LIKE IT.

Make music don't let the music make you!!!!!

tbh the only thing FL Studio cant do for me too great is automation.. Other than that its my main tool, and what a tool it is.

If polow da don made that usher tune on garageband, it shows its not what you use, its how you use it.

the funny thing is this... i havent heard anything on the radio that cant be duplicated on all of 2days machines... ive been on the RS7000 for 7 yrs, and can basically imitate anything thats been played on the radio thats in the genre of music im doin... if ur hardware or software can do that, which im sure most everything these days can, then whats the prob?

da relic

I use a mixture of hardware and software. If I usually start making a beat with my MPC it usually is finished on it. What people need to understand is that FL Studio is simply a great sequencer. I dont use none of the vst's or stock sounds on it. My third party Vst's are extensive (IKmultimedia's Sampletron, Soniksynth 2, Sampletank XXL 2.5, Sample Moog, Miroslav Philharmonik and in addition I use Korg's Digital Legacy, Analog Factory, Trilogy, and (Halion 3.5 which is my sampler) for my chopped up samples I get from Reason's Recycle. With all this and a ton of my own Kicks Snares etc. no one can tell it was done on FL. FL provides a friendly user interface to sequence your beats. What Reason fail's to do is give you the right to use these external Vst's from other great companys. There is also a way around that of course, using Reason on FL Studio rewired, but any ways, To give you an example, go to my site, all the songs that have the MUSKRAT 69 album cover on it were done on FL, with no stocked sounds or Vst's from FL.

BORD2 THE MASTA BEATSMITH!!!! FEED BACK IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED!

I use a mixture of hardware and software. If I usually start making a beat with my MPC it usually is finished on it. What people need to understand is that FL Studio is simply a great sequencer. I dont use none of the vst's or stock sounds on it. My third party Vst's are extensive (IKmultimedia's Sampletron, Soniksynth 2, Sampletank XXL 2.5, Sample Moog, Miroslav Philharmonik and in addition I use Korg's Digital Legacy, Analog Factory, Trilogy, and (Halion 3.5 which is my sampler) for my chopped up samples I get from Reason's Recycle. With all this and a ton of my own Kicks Snares etc. no one can tell it was done on FL. FL provides a friendly user interface to sequence your beats. What Reason fail's to do is give you the right to use these external Vst's from other great companys. There is also a way around that of course, using Reason on FL Studio rewired, but any ways, To give you an example, go to my site, all the songs that have the MUSKRAT 69 album cover on it were done on FL, with no stocked sounds or Vst's from FL.

BORD2 THE MASTA BEATSMITH!!!! FEED BACK IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED! http://myspace.com/youngkingkrue

BORD2 THE MASTA BEATSMITH!!!! FEED BACK IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED! http://myspace.com/youngkingkrue

FL is great software even when it lacks some of the options I really want ( grouping mixer channels to buses for example ). But its capable of doing the main thing properly: Music.

After all, it's really important to use the kind of gear and working methods that pushes out 100% of your creativity and skills.

FL is great software even when it lacks some of the options I really want ( grouping mixer channels to buses for example )
You can do that since ... I don't remember exactly: Version 6?
It's just not called a 'bus channel' but it has exact the same function.

People think Fl Studio is weak because it comes with weak sounds and cost only 350 4 XXL So they fel that a 2000 dollar mpc is better. **** no I've had several people mistake my beats for mpc beats. You queers just like to think expensive stuff equals better beats. Thats like a guy with a nice car compasing for dick size
lets here what you mpc user have to say

Everyone had that same version back in the day too.

Fruity Loops 3.56 Full Final

Got it from Ka.ZaA or got it from a friend, y'all know you remember that lol.

Last edited:
i remember :)

Well.. it's always about how you flip it. There are kick ass DJs with crappy decks and kick ass beatmakers with nothing but software.. I had no money for nothing back then so i started with whatever i could get. Used FL3 and sampled Records with CoolEdit, which then replaced the wack factory sounds. No one could really tell the difference then..

Just about two years ago i remembered that i always wanted to have hardware in the first place. Having some money safe i finally could fullfil this dream and got myself a Roland MV8800. Boy.. that was money wasted right there!!

I played with it for a little while but found that i just can't get used to it. collects dust now... shame.. but after so many years i just couldn't adapt it. I am happy that i gave up the idea of getting a Fantom and whatnot...

Use what you like and stick with it. Don't listen to others! :cheers:

I defended Fl studio to its grave until I bought logic. I'll still defend fl studio because i've put together some great tracks with it. However, with logic I've been able to do everything fl studio did for me and so much more. It's really a matter of what you use it for. When I had fl studio i did basically everything with sampling but always wanted to write piano lines on top of it and lets face it, FL keys doesn't sound realistic at all. It sounds like a kid's toy piano. With logic however, the instruments are very real. When you jump a few notes on a guitar, the strings will squeak a bit and logic gives you those sounds. when you play hard on a piano it has a harsh snapping sound and logic does that.

So, if fl does everything you need, great! its a good program for sampling and arranging. However, if you want to do other things fl studio is weak on, such as recording vocals or playing software instruments without having to use multiple DAWs, then fl studio may not be for you

why do people try to knock FL likes its for pre school kids or something? When I first started makin beats I started with Fruity Loops and dudes would hear my tracks and go "oh shii you got heat..what's your set-up?". Ill say fruity loops they say "no way, that's it, just fruity loops, you need an mpc or something, nobodies gonna take you seriously fam." A million people wanted me to in house for them also and would act like I had to make tracks on an mp or fantom to get anywhere...I went n copped an little mpc 1000, a midi keyboard and found out anything anyone can do on an mpc I can do on FL and the shii sound even iller. The qualities the same it gets tracked out in pro tools anyway.. Why do people knock software n general?

Well for starters there are alot of audio hardware die hard producers out here who strongly are commited to the hardware aspects of things, i am not knocking fruity loops for someone who is interested in learning from an "entry level standpoint" of the production realm.

wether its fruity loops, cubase, sonar etc or what, its still software based and there are some advantages and disadvantages to both. as far as the tonal quality of things hardware still has a much much more warmer sound than software based products. some may dispute that but the bottom line is hardware is technically designed far superior, you would never find a true mastering house that masters full audio on a PROFESSIONAL LEVEL using just software alone.

Engineers know that its not possible to get the same warmth and blend from a software based system, again not knocking software but i would much rather prefer an MANLEY TUBE COMPRESSOR or real LA2A Teletronix to master my finished product.

Another reason why some people have a misunderstanding of the logical side and science to production is that today's tools are much different from yesterdays and most dont have an "even" or a good knowledge and history of things. Its imperative that we read to gain knowledge and understanding of what we do and how we do things. Kids now grow up thinking that if they dowload a program such as REASON that warrants them as a "Producer" or cop a version of Waves then they are a "Mastering Engineer" if you do your history on things you will find that most of your high end production facilities and mastering houses mostly use hardware and theres a good reason why.

i have a friend who is trying to produce music and went out and spent thousands of dollars on equipment, now i am not knocking ones abitions, this guy calls me on a regular and ask the most very basic questions and howto's all the time which i dont mind helping but he needs to READ and LEARN on his own and i tell him that all the time. Some things cannot be explained to some people because of their lack of patience and ignorance to knowledge ( not saying he's ignorant) like yesterday he calls and says to me " Whats a compressor and how do you use it) so i explained to him that you will need to read up on compression to understand the topic. he wanted a quick and fast answer.........Now i am ok with explaining some information in leighmans terms but i will not dumb down my own knowledge and principals so that he can TRY to understand the theory. So he insist that i proceed, i say ok and go into ratio and attack and he got frustrated and did not understand anything i said. i am saying this to say its important that we understand things as we learn and move forward so that things such as software and hardware recording are not confused.

again i am not knocking software based systems is just that when in comparison, software has a ways to go (depending on what you are doing of course ).

I know... i ranted too long......

Thank You.
:cheers:

Last edited:
People think Fl Studio is weak because it comes with weak sounds and cost only 350 4 XXL So they fel that a 2000 dollar mpc is better. **** no I've had several people mistake my beats for mpc beats. You queers just like to think expensive stuff equals better beats. Thats like a guy with a nice car compasing for dick size
lets here what you mpc user have to say

but i thought guys with nice cars have bigger dicks than guys with sh!tty cars :confused:

all i gotta say is if people hate lets battle!! hardware vs. FL? it aint the software or hardware here fella's it's the freaking person behind it! put your beats up! let's get it! any hardware using takers?

why don't people stfu and leave fl alone and stop defending and stop dissing it.. i don't get it.. :/ its pointless and never ending... starting topics like this makes you look like a complete fool

I think a lot of people knock FL Studio because where it's so easy to get and so popular, there's a lot of people that have it. With that being said, everybody can't make hot beats with it, and most of the stuff that's online, etc. is the "beeps and clicks".

I say mush the haters and do what works best for you, even if it's a ZOOM RhythmTrak... lol

I defended Fl studio to its grave until I bought logic. I'll still defend fl studio because i've put together some great tracks with it. However, with logic I've been able to do everything fl studio did for me and so much more. It's really a matter of what you use it for. When I had fl studio i did basically everything with sampling but always wanted to write piano lines on top of it and lets face it, FL keys doesn't sound realistic at all. It sounds like a kid's toy piano. With logic however, the instruments are very real. When you jump a few notes on a guitar, the strings will squeak a bit and logic gives you those sounds. when you play hard on a piano it has a harsh snapping sound and logic does that.

So, if fl does everything you need, great! its a good program for sampling and arranging. However, if you want to do other things fl studio is weak on, such as recording vocals or playing software instruments without having to use multiple DAWs, then fl studio may not be for you

True, but I think that, and especially for PC users, Pro-Tools 8 closes that gap. I got FL8, Reason 4.0, and Pro-Tools 8, and between those three, there isn't a sound I can't achieve. and you can ReWire Reason into FL, FL into PT, Reason into PT, so, it all works out at the end of the day.

tbh the only thing FL Studio cant do for me too great is automation.. Other than that its my main tool, and what a tool it is.

If polow da don made that usher tune on garageband, it shows its not what you use, its how you use it.

Really? You can't automate? What version do you have? Let's talk. PM me.

Back