Dont hate on fl

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty much useless to discuss or debate it...

... and when FL users get offended... TPOM.

Last edited by a moderator:
FL is a HOST so how can people hate on it... it doesn't make any sounds. It HOSTS the sound modules that make the sounds.

Does MASSIVE in FL sound "different" than MASSIVE in LIVE 8?

What about SampleTank? Does it sound different in FL vs. any other DAW?

Do drumkits in FL sound different than when you load 'em into the REDRUM in REASON?

For real. I don't even hear that much hate against Fl these days anway...

I used FL for 2+ years before my laptop crashed. After that, I bought a Mac Book Pro, and since Mac and FL Studio aren't that compatible, I made the switch to REASON. The switch was exciting, because so many skilled producers (on this forum and in the Industry) use Reason, so I figured it must have several advantages over FL studio..

..I was wrong. Yes, it's convenient that Reason 5.0 comes with a million refills and an extensive soundbank. Yes, it's awesome that I can spend 20 minutes surfing the web and come up on hundreds of quality sounds, samples, and patches. But honestly, the layout of Reason is jumbled and counter-intuitive, and just the fact that they tried to mimic the organization and appearance of "REAL" equipment is a step back from FL.

FL is the most intuitive DAW I've ever used in my life (I've used Logic, Reason, etc...). Sequencing and arranging is simple and effective, and I feel the layout and the LOOK just helps with the flow of creativity.

Why the hell is Reason so narrow? Why is the sequencer jumbled, tiny, and a b!tch to work with?

Honestly, I'll always be an FL fan, and while Reason does have it's definite pros, I feel FL got it right... simple, user-friendly, powerful, sleek, and EASY TO GET USED TO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back