Does a program like this exist?

• Thread starter BruceBruceBruceBruce
  • Start date
B

BruceBruceBruceBruce

It would be really helpful if someone knew of some sort of software that lets you edit MIDI tones like you can on a keyboard. If you're unfamiliar with this, it gives you up to two tones called DCO's you can edit. For the tones you can select any of the default MIDI sounds, and edit parameters such as attack, release, pan, etc. And ones I find more beneficial like PCM and Amp Set.

thats basic synthesis the problem here that u may find confusing is that midi doesnt really have sound but all synths just control Oscillators (DCO/Digitally Controlled Oscillators) go to KVR audio and find any synth and they will all do it

It might help to clear the confusion if you named the keyboard you're using as an example, as it doesn't make much sense right now (and what Xab said).

I use (and make my own) Cubase MIDI Device Panels for controlling my gear, it is a real cool feature (you can move a virtual knob or slider and record it as automation etc) but unfortunately the editor for making your own panels is a total pile of shit.

There are lots of free editors around for specific bits of gear as well as universal editors like MIDI Quest and Emagic SoundDiver that cover lots of gear.

If you have something like the B....B....Behringer BCR/BCF2000 kicking around you can use it's MIDI learn feature to take Control Change mesages and simple SysEx strings right from a software editor.

Back