Does maschine have sames sounds as battery?

D major

I am kinda debating on getting maschine cause i dont want to be tracking out every dam time i do a beat. But im just not wanting to be disapointed if maschine has the same presets as battery and if thats the case im not looking to get it. I hear that maschine has good vinyl drums which sounds good but i like the new up to date hard rap and hip hop kicks and snares,does it have them? I will just be using maschine as a plug in and not as a sequeuncer since i dont need to figure another one out since i have logic express.

p.s can anyone post some examples of maschine drums?

I am kinda debating on getting maschine cause i dont want to be tracking out every dam time i do a beat. But im just not wanting to be disapointed if maschine has the same presets as battery and if thats the case im not looking to get it. I hear that maschine has good vinyl drums which sounds good but i like the new up to date hard rap and hip hop kicks and snares,does it have them? I will just be using maschine as a plug in and not as a sequeuncer since i dont need to figure another one out since i have logic express.

p.s can anyone post some examples of maschine drums?

If you just don't want to track out beats (and you just want a drum sampler) there are tons of options.

Alternatives:

1. Battery

I know you stated that you don't like the sounds in Battery, but drum samplers are the easiest VSTs to customize because they just take wave files. There are tons of drums on the internet for free or for a cheap price and IMO are usually better quality than what comes with most VSTs. I seldom used any Battery presets.

2. Ableton Live (Drum Racks)

My favorite drum plug-in. I will tell you up front that the included presets are wack. What makes this special is its ease of creating your own kits (just drag and drop on a pad). It has a built-in wave editor for adjusting start and end points and its editor actually make creating sustaining loops easy. I also like that you can drag from the browser or even from a recorded clip. This makes the Drum Rack a true sampler. And it is more than a sampler because you can drag VSTs into pads as well to play VST drum sounds. Each cell is also layerable and you can drag in VSTs for effects. I think Ableton Live is probably the best alternative to Maschine. Only real lacking thing is that is don't have Machine's controller (although you could buy an MPD 16 but I doubt it will give you the same ergonomical ease as Maschine).

3. Reason (Redrum, Kong)

Reason is probably my favorite program for tweaking drum sounds. Reason 5 actually has a drum library I like as well and I am hard to please in the drum department. Drawback is having to learn the Reason sequencing methods which I find somewhat flexible for MPC style recording. The step editing while pretty decent though isn't the best IMO though and can get confusing at times. But for realtime recording of drums, it can't be beat.

Back