does fl studio demo has a built in transient ?

A

AlphaAlpha

i don't want to download any plug ins so im wondering if fl studio has something that can make my drums really snappy, there's a transient preset in wave sharper but it distorts anyhelp like i want my snares to be dubsteppy snappy and hard like skrillex and justice

First off, mods, if posting links to another forum is not allowed please delete the post.

i don't want to download any plug ins so im wondering if fl studio has something that can make my drums really snappy, there's a transient preset in wave sharper but it distorts anyhelp like i want my snares to be dubsteppy snappy and hard like skrillex and justice

To my knowledge there isn't a built in transient shaper, but users can pretty much create their own plugins using the tools in FL Studio. Someone over at the Image-Line forum has created a transient shaper preset for Patcher. Here's the link: Transient Shaper - Patcher Preset,UPDATE 2 April v1.3 (Topic) • Image-Line

If you have any questions just ask. Also, if you'd like to upgrade from the demo don't hesitate to let me know, I can get you a discount.

Last edited:
There's no dedicated transient shaper in FL Studio (if that's what you mean), instead there's the Fruity Limiter which has a compression section in the plugin that allows you to set an opposite ratio (meaning instead of cutting whenever the signal exceeds the threshold, it boosts it). Imagine setting the threshold at the very tip of the sound and boosting the ratio the other way, you can hopefully let it act as a transient booster.
Though if the peak is too sustained, you can still do regular compression with a long releasetime (= preserving the input dynamics quite well) while increasing the attacktime, creating a snap.

Although this goes beyond the original question, there is a Transient plugin by Sleepy Time DSP, which does the job and is free - it can be used in any DAW.

there are probably plenty of transient shaper vsts out there

Transient shapers put the icing on the cake, but they won't bake it for you. For a properly KOAN sound dubstep snare, you have to do a lot more than just transient shaping.

Back