Does ANYONE else arrange in maschine??

TG Swing

Hey,

Reading around I have noticed there seems to be very few people like me who find it easier to arrange entire songs in Maschine??.. not sure if im missing something,(Im using FL studio)but i find it much easier to arrange my songs in maschine and then bounce the individual groups to FL for mixing and whatnot...

Is anyone on the same page with me or could you explain what makes arranging in your DAW so much better?

i usually do everything inside maschine. Its all preference tho and what works for you. Some people hate arranging inside maschine. In other situations i may find it easier to bounce out tracks into my daw. For example if im recording guitar or a drum track, i would rather do that in my DAW cuz i like to see the wav forms linearly. Not saying that cant be done inside maschine tho, u can sample in live instruments and record just the same.

Last edited:
I don't use it, but why not mix in Maschine as well? Doesn't it run vsts? Just load up effects, no reason to outsource at all in the beatmaking process.

I'm asking, not telling, I don't use Maschine. But I do everything in whatever program I use with the stock effects within the program. Reason, FL, Pro Tools, or even Motu BPM. If I start a beat in it, the beat is gonna be arranged, mixed, finalized when it leaves what I use. Only reason I don't do the same when using MPC is because the effects can't keep up, but then the most it needs is to be ran thru PT LE with the 7Band EQ and Maxim.

I get the idea Maschine would have a kick azz set of effects and it can even load other stuff(vsts, AUs?)maybe it can't?

I don't use it, but why not mix in Maschine as well? Doesn't it run vsts? Just load up effects, no reason to outsource at all in the beatmaking process.

I'm asking, not telling, I don't use Maschine. But I do everything in whatever program I use with the stock effects within the program. Reason, FL, Pro Tools, or even Motu BPM. If I start a beat in it, the beat is gonna be arranged, mixed, finalized when it leaves what I use. Only reason I don't do the same when using MPC is because the effects can't keep up, but then the most it needs is to be ran thru PT LE with the 7Band EQ and Maxim.

I get the idea Maschine would have a kick azz set of effects and it can even load other stuff(vsts, AUs?)maybe it can't?
my understanding is that maschine is way limited in this respect when it comes to all on DAW features. I hear of people using it but I also hear that its meant to be used in conjunction with a DAW in the first place. It is a vst after all.

yes , mixing in maschine is possible however its not necessarily setup to make it a very easy process.. I will often add effects just to see how a instrument will sound in the final mix.. it's wayyyy to simple to bounce individual tracks out for mixing inside fruity loops for me to spend alot of time clicking through to add effects.. and yes ive sampled live instruments into maschine but prefer to do that inside my daw as well

Back