DO NOT BUY the BEAT THANG VIRTUAL

This was rebranded and relaunched earlier this year, so they might have fixed all the previous bugs that users had of the original system.

I recently ordered Beat Thang Virtual on Amazon for $88, looking forward to messing with it. Just picked up a M-Audio Oxygen 25 today via Craigslist, used, looks brand new for $50. I'm excited!

I have had tons of problems with Beat Thang Machine. Latency, not being able to save kits or beats. Been in touch with the company - for about a month now. I'm pretty much ready to send this back for a "FULL REFUND". if your product isn't good as you say, either fix the problem or refund the consumer!!!

Hmmm, Am I the only one who has not had a problem with this program? BTV goes Hard!
Maybe, the OP and other peeps that bought it should download the updated version.
I use it stand alone and with Cubase, and it really does cut through!
Technical support was also very responsive to my questions.

I guess this program is like anything else new that's new and needs the kinks combed out...:cool:

Wow, I was stunned to read this forum thread. It's now 2015, yall still having problems? LMBO!!!

From what I gather the whole Beat Thang line had issues. Virtual and the Hardware unit.

A few years back I was tempted to pick up one because (it was cheap - 2nd hand purchase) and in theory its a dope machine. But according to so many users its not dependable and has too many recurring issues..

I think they could have really killed the game with it if they got it working right...

$.02

Last edited:
lol man once that program started the bugs and freezing up. i just extracted its sounds from the program and uninstall it. the program is some shit but the concept good tho i must admit just wish they did more testing.

Back