DO NOT BUY the BEAT THANG VIRTUAL

InspectahEX

This software is garbage and I want my $150 back.

Beatkangz is guilty of false advertising and misleading consumer, Sit back, relax and let me tell you why.

First of all, I have a macbook pro 2gb RAM 2.33 Ghz Intel Core Duo Processor there should be no problems anyways.

Ok first off, you can't switch between BTV and other audio programs that support 48hz. Why? Because if you use say hmmm Soundtrack Pro on Mac, your settings are going to be 48hz. So say you chop samples in another program that supports 48hz and want to open the Beat Thang up, import your chops and eventually make a kit, then a beat. Well you cant do this because if somehow your computers audio is switched to 48hz on a mac and you open Beat Thang it will automatically crash on start up. So its basically a joke that I have to keep changing the settings of my Macs audi utilities. BTV should automatically set to 44.1 hz, not crash, and make you realize you have to go through a tedious process to keep changing 48hz to 44.1hz. Basically they want you to use the BTV by itself. You cant really work with it along side some other programs unless you keep changing settings.

OK, this thing is a sampler? How come it doesn't chop? They said it chopped. WHAT A LIE. Chopping is not loading a large sample on each pad and then setting a different start and end point for each pad. I mean come on, isnt that taking up lots of RAM? And non-destructve editing is a terrible choice, no normalize, no trim, none of that. No timestretch, etc... it goes on and on. And that start and end point crap for each pad, that is not chopping. If you load a sample longer then 20 seconds the software treats it like its a huge long file, starts slowing down, gets buggy and often crashes. Have you actually tried to change a start and end point, I have to click and drag the dial about 100 times to make the start/end points move about 1 second through my sample, it would take forever so make a start and end point on each pad the way, insane. No zooming in on samples either.

Workflow is pretty bad because there are tons of bugs. And I mean TONS of bugs. I can bet I see 50 bugs making one beat, most of the time the bugs will just overwhelm the BTV and it will crash. Beat lost.

WHAT BUGS? hmph u serious? like buttons i dont even press light up, buttons that should light off stay on. My browser window LMAO like where are my folders sometimes? sometimes they just dont show. Sometimes they show the folders icons in the browser but where's the folder names. Sometimes you see the folders with the names and its fine. This thing has a mind of its own.

UNDO function only works when it wants to, pain in the ass when recording, cus if undo doesnt work i have to delete the track in another window. F*** my life and F this software BEAT THIZZANGGG. I really wanted to give it a chanced, i ignored the corny title and for a minute I thought these clowns knew what they were doing.

BeatKangz can you please say hello to your software developers because you guys arent on the same page obviously. You said your product did things that it cant do. Now you tell us we have to wait for an update after robbing us of our money that was misdirected into your product through you schematic marketing. Ohhhh we have to wait for Beat Thang Virtual Pro nowwww LMAO to get the features you said was in the box and...

Ohh wait this thing is a sampler? Then how come I havent been able to sample one thing with the BTV software? It doesnt pick up signals from any inputs on my audi interface, macs built-in inputs/outputs dnt pick up, and damn like how the hell is this thing a sampler? You cant do anything with this crappy sampler. You guys should be ashamed to call that a sampler. Ohhhh yea autchop in Beat Thang Cirtual Pro Update... hmm wait WHAT THE F is the BEAT THANG VIRTUAL PRO UPGRADE????? You cant tell me sh-t, I thought new features would come with updates, not features they forget to ship in the box.

How come whenever I go to PATTERN, SONG, KIT MODE and I click "New" half the time I actually works, I actually get to start a new pattern, kit, or song. But why is it that the other half of the time, totally random, I click NEW and instead of getting a NEW patter, kit, or song I GET ONE OF BEAT KANGZ preset pattern, kit, or song. I dont want to hear BeatKang presets half the time I click for NEW.

TAP TEMPO HAS SOME KIND OF BUG only works when it wants to.

TRACKS CHANGE BY THEMSELVES LIKE GHOST, you think your on track 7 because thats the track YOU WERE JUST ON right? AND RIGHT WHEN you delete track 7 you realize OHHH THE MACHINE HAS SWITCHED TO TRACK 1 sillyyyy machine hehehe WHAT THE F? I just deleted track 1 because the BTV changed the track from 7 to 1 by itself.

Why is BANG a compressor, that doesnt make sense HOW DO COMPRESSORS BANG??? Thats like calling the on button the off button.

FREAK? these are what you call effects? Who is this prouct targeted towards seriously? retards? I feel like one after buying it Haaaa!

The Sounds are alright which suprised me but I dont even consider it to have that many sounds since so many of the kits and Instruments sound recycled and a lot sound the same. Really the sound quality is good, not the actual sounds, they are alright.

Sometimes notes decide to stay on hold by their own choosing.

Sometimes I play a sound and it wont stop playing, i have to wait till it wants to stop

how come you show all these graphics on the screen that cant be clicked and that should be. Like the Main Volume control we should be able to move the sliders on screen, and drag the start and end points of samples. I mean you guys did say click and drag right?

How come some knobs on the screen, like Pitch for example, are super sensitive. I barely touch my mouse and the pitch from like 0.00 to 7.36 lol, but when I am placing start/end markers on samples the knob moves the marker sooooo Slowwwwww like that sampler sucks, it gets on my nerves this BEAT THAANNNG my god how could this be released with so many bugs, who tested this software? You better hope your software works on the hardware because it doesnt even work on my macbook pro. Beat Thang lol

Oh yea wheres my free Rocbattle account, where's all my free stuff??? Huh, nothing in the box mentioned any of this, I guess I have to dig through websites to find out how to do it, its probably some tedious process. Yea $30,000 contest, for what? 5 people wh actually figured out how to enter? how much did you guys spend on prototyping testing and software design??? Cus it sucks and I bet you spent a lot LOL How much did you guys pay these producers like Rockwilder to work with you and take pictures and videos holding a BTV box? You guys better get on your game or this industrys going to eat you up.

There's so many more bugs with this crappy software I'm tired of talking about it.

This actually makes me love the fact I have an mpc and a fantom, I have been researching more and anyone who reads this, SAVE your $150 and eventually $1000+ that youve put away for a beat thang and just buy a NI Maschine that's definately where I'm taking it next, you guys should check it out. Screw the Beat Thang, its nothin but BS.

I'm done, now I want support for all these problems with your software and wanna know when your fixing it. I spent $150 I have a right to know. Dont make me have to take drastic measures on you guys.

Why did you buy it in the first place? I mean the name does not exactly exude professionalism...

lmfao!!!!!

I bought the BTV last September or October. I tried to use it and it was full of bugs. I reported all the bugs that I ran into, just like I would with any software that I purchase. Within two weeks they had an update that fixed the problems. The main problem was that the delete button didn't work at all on pc.

I'm actually surprised that you are having that many problems with it. I think that the programmers and the Beat Kangz are Mac users. A lot of the bugs from the original release were only occurring on pc's.

In all honesty, I never really got into programming it as much as you obviously have. After my first attempts to make a few beats with it ended in constant crashes I gave up. All I do is go through it for sounds and export them to .wav's that I bring into Live.

I understand you are upset, and rightfully so, but have you contacted them about the problems you are having?

FREAK? these are what you call effects? Who is this product targeted towards seriously? retards? I feel like one after buying it Haaaa!

I almost fell out my my chair with that one.

Who tested this software?

I think they higher-ed chimps to do beta testing LOL

Nah on the serious note I was thinking about getting this but it was either Motu BPM, Sonivox Sampla, or Beat Thang. I have check out NI machine but really don't need the extra hardware even though you control everything from the the hardware itself I don't have the space in my setup besides I got my MPK61 I'm planning to go with MOTU BPM. I appreciate you posting this cause it definitely keep BTV of my shopping list maybe I'll get it for someone I dislike.

just curious what verision is the beat thang at?

who buy verision 1 of any product?

for the OP, why have a $2500 computer with a $150 software?

i thought Logic was/is ideal for a mac...

just curious what verision is the beat thang at?

who buy verision 1 of any product?

for the OP, why have a $2500 computer with a $150 software?

i thought Logic was/is ideal for a mac...

Nails, Hammers,Saws and Wood aren't that expensive, yet you can make some pretty nice furniture using them, all depends on the one using the tools....Cost is irrelevant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nails, Hammers,Saws and Wood aren't that expensive, yet you can make some pretty nice furniture using them, all depends on the one using the tools....Cost is irrelevant.

i agree...

but in this case it seems like the "cheap" is coming out "expensive"...

in other words...

$150 down the drain...

therefore "Cost is relevant" unless you have money to "burn"...

it seems like the OP does not have money to "burn" that is why he/she is complaining...

RIGHT?

Last edited:
y'all are actually wondering how a piece of software called Beat Thang could be a piece of crap???

dre1305l.jpg

FREAK? these are what you call effects? Who is this product targeted towards seriously? retards? I feel like one after buying it Haaaa!

I almost fell out my my chair with that one.

Who tested this software?

I think they higher-ed chimps to do beta testing LOL

Nah on the serious note I was thinking about getting this but it was either Motu BPM, Sonivox Sampla, or Beat Thang. I have check out NI machine but really don't need the extra hardware even though you control everything from the the hardware itself I don't have the space in my setup besides I got my MPK61 I'm planning to go with MOTU BPM. I appreciate you posting this cause it definitely keep BTV of my shopping list maybe I'll get it for someone I dislike.

MOTU BPM has a lot of bugs too. I was looking at that myself and was reading from various users that is has a lot of bugs. To be honest out your choices Sampla might be your safest choice. I just wish Sampla had multiple outputs.

well i was curious and had some money to burn, 150 aint much, i mean when u have a mac its nice to load it up with all kinds of software, just mad cus this thing isnt worth 150, with all the bugs and features still missing i'd say this thing or THANNGGG cost $20, just for the sounds that are alright. And they are on version 1.1 which is the second update I think, but this thing has been out half a year already so what the F are they doing??? And yes, mac still has mad bugs in it which is crazy. I am selling my BTV on craigslist for 20 bucks lmao. BTV is more like KeatKangz Sound library volume 1, oh yea and if u can make it to the end of a beat without crashing i guess its a sequencer too

Their marketing campaign with the "thang" wasn't professional to me and I could anticipate issues like this arising.

Last edited:
I'd suggest going with good, proven samplers (like, say, ShortCircuit) instead of falling for "cool" "urban" products that are clearly there because anything that says "hiphop" these days tends to sell.

If you have to pay for an upgrade to get features that were advertised with the initial release, that would be fraud. But didn't early adopters get free upgrades for life? Even if the software has potential, it won't be seen for the first year or so.

Its usually best to wait for a update or two before getting into software just from the way things work out software wise.

Back