DO NOT BUY the BEAT THANG VIRTUAL

Thats why im hoping for a Sampla update with all the features im looking for

OK, this thing is a sampler? How come it doesn't chop? They said it chopped. WHAT A LIE. Chopping is not loading a large sample on each pad and then setting a different start and end point for each pad. I mean come on, isnt that taking up lots of RAM? And non-destructve editing is a terrible choice, no normalize, no trim, none of that. No timestretch, etc... it goes on and on. And that start and end point crap for each pad, that is not chopping. If you load a sample longer then 20 seconds the software treats it like its a huge long file, starts slowing down, gets buggy and often crashes. Have you actually tried to change a start and end point, I have to click and drag the dial about 100 times to make the start/end points move about 1 second through my sample, it would take forever so make a start and end point on each pad the way, insane. No zooming in on samples either.

Ohh wait this thing is a sampler? Then how come I havent been able to sample one thing with the BTV software? It doesnt pick up signals from any inputs on my audi interface, macs built-in inputs/outputs dnt pick up, and damn like how the hell is this thing a sampler? You cant do anything with this crappy sampler. You guys should be ashamed to call that a sampler. Ohhhh yea autchop in Beat Thang Cirtual Pro Update... hmm wait WHAT THE F is the BEAT THANG VIRTUAL PRO UPGRADE????? You cant tell me sh-t, I thought new features would come with updates, not features they forget to ship in the box.

Why is BANG a compressor, that doesnt make sense HOW DO COMPRESSORS BANG??? Thats like calling the on button the off button.

36_11_6.jpg
LMAO

FREAK? these are what you call effects? Who is this prouct targeted towards seriously? retards? I feel like one after buying it Haaaa!

36_11_6.jpg
OMG LMAO

Sometimes notes decide to stay on hold by their own choosing.

Sometimes I play a sound and it wont stop playing, i have to wait till it wants to stop

how come you show all these graphics on the screen that cant be clicked and that should be. Like the Main Volume control we should be able to move the sliders on screen, and drag the start and end points of samples. I mean you guys did say click and drag right?

How come some knobs on the screen, like Pitch for example, are super sensitive. I barely touch my mouse and the pitch from like 0.00 to 7.36 lol, but when I am placing start/end markers on samples the knob moves the marker sooooo Slowwwwww like that sampler sucks, it gets on my nerves this BEAT THAANNNG my god how could this be released with so many bugs, who tested this software? You better hope your software works on the hardware because it doesnt even work on my macbook pro. Beat Thang lol

Oh yea wheres my free Rocbattle account, where's all my free stuff??? Huh, nothing in the box mentioned any of this, I guess I have to dig through websites to find out how to do it, its probably some tedious process. Yea $30,000 contest, for what? 5 people wh actually figured out how to enter? how much did you guys spend on prototyping testing and software design??? Cus it sucks and I bet you spent a lot LOL How much did you guys pay these producers like Rockwilder to work with you and take pictures and videos holding a BTV box? You guys better get on your game or this industrys going to eat you up.

There's so many more bugs with this crappy software I'm tired of talking about it.

buckwheat.jpg

Wow, this would of never happened if you've gone to the MPC lol

I can chop with the MPC2000xl, Recycle or in Protools 8, I would never buy anything new like that, no need to because the consumer isn't going to know what I did my stuff on. I will stay with my trusty MPC, that's a rule I won't go against. Those guys should be ashamed of themselves. It was probably targetted towards younger people because some get caught up in the lights and hype. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
LMAO....I ain't trying to laugh at your expense but you went in on 'em. You had me dying so I had to check out their website cause I've never even heard of the Beat Thang.

" Even if YOU Never Made Beats Before, Beat Thang Virtual Will Make YOU Sound Like a Pro Beat Maker in Minutes. Making 5 or 10 Beats a Day Will Be Easy and Fun for YOU!"

add mo money, mo money, mo money after that and it's a wrap. You can be a f***in icon, n***a!
That s*** is suspect as hell dawg, I'm sorry they got ya.

what they shoulda done is made the beat thang virtual freeware (atleast at first) then maybe more people would try it out and get excited about there hardware sampler. bug filled software and trying and skeem a quick buck outta you doesnt make people enthusiastic about this product.

add mo money, mo money, mo money after that and it's a wrap. You can be a f***in icon, n***a!
That s*** is suspect as hell dawg, I'm sorry they got ya.

36_2_34.gif

YO I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING LOL HAHAHAHAH LMAO PLEASE PULL THE THREAD LOL THIS IS A TRUE HORRID!!!

36_2_34.gif

Most likely. The hardware is basically a computer running a stripped down version of Linux. So in essence the it should perform the same way.

hold up aint an mpc basically a computer running a stripped down version of some stripped down ****.

why do u feel u got dupped? surely if u buy any new software u buy it cos u think its gonna be of some value did u not wathc any vids of it in use? the software aint ground breaking no one said it was.

anyways im sure there was a no risk evaluation why did u not send the **** back?

im sure dude will learn from all the bugs and have **** smooved out when the hardware drops then peeps will be loving it wait n see

Haha This guy single-handedly killed Beat thang SALES!..... WOW...HAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for your experience... but regardless of the bugs, i actually enjoy the software quite a bit. i like having different stuff around just to keep things fresh, since i had to get rid of my mpc a few months back, the beat thang has been a decent replacement so far and it has helped me make plenty of satisfied paying clients ;)

it will get a lot better with the updates, but it is def its own little piece made to be used on its own for the most part

I'm actually currently in the process of making my own software vst like the beat thang. Its called Obi's thang. (Yeah go ahead and laugh, you mom loves!)

im going to get it put obviously not going to rely on it to make professional beats LMAOOOOO im just going to get it to make complex drum patterns and thats it. I got other programs to make melodies and what not. I am just going to import all my FL drums in the beat thang. make couple patterns export them out as audio clips and i have my own drums loops

u can make professional beats on anything and the beat thang is no exception props to the dude getting money off beats made with it, prolly knocked them beats out in 5 minutes with a pro finish that will take hours to achieve with other needlessly complex software

lmao at buying something called "beat thang" and expecting high quality

Well, looks like it lived up to everything I thought it would be.

I bet it's unstoppable with a Mo' Phatt rack.

:cry:

Back