Dj Khalil pulsing organ sound in Reason? (Fabolous-Imma Do It)

norcalrider01

Can anyone please tell me how to get that pulsing organ sound Dj Khalil uses all the time. For example in Fabolous-Imma Do It!

you dont even have to automate it just set up the attack really really slow and it will do the rest of the work itself

if you're using the nnxt you can set a delay on lfo 1...that should accomplish it. you can't do it based on time division...you gotta calculate the ms old school-like.

yeah the delay is a pita imo i would rather use ADSR if I remember right (i usually just use the mod wheel) the NNXT should have a way of setting filter ADSR

What exactly is ADSR?

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

So it tried most the things u guys are suggesting and im still not getting the desired effect. I dunno if u guys understand exactly what im talking about. Im trying to get that choppy organ (maybe synth) that khalil uses in Fabolous-Imma Do it!

attack decay sustain and release. basically it controls how long and when a sound filter or LFO will take place in a sound in this case if u use a wobble lfo to add a sort of vebrato to your sound rather than sitting on the mod wheel you can set a really slow attack and it will set the lfo towards the release of the sample its assigned to

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

and its very doable with LFO you just have to learn how to program it

x2 on learning how you can use lfo to achieve what you need.....if you want it to be choppy (cutting in and out) set the lfo to a fast time division like 1/16 and set it to control the level using a square wave

Back