Death to open labs and the birth of music computing

D major

http://www.musiccomputing.com/store/
this is what me and i think so many other people were waiting for,a new more affordable touch screen production products that are gonna put open labs to bed. The owner of this new company is the former c.e.o of open labs so that kinda tells me he wasnt liking what was going on over there and made the right choice and cut out.The prices are the big thing when you compare a 88 key neko(almost 7 grand) compared to there new 88 production station which is like 3,149 with a i5 processor. But time will tell if these are the new machines of the new age.

ps.The touchscreen tables are dope too.

I'd be curious if this guy just let open labs go into bankruptcy and started a new company......

these keyboards look nice though i wish they offered a quad core one

Interesting, all I can say too. At this point, to put even 3000 on one piece of equipment, that thing better make you rich and famous.

Might have to break open some side-by-side comparisons, like what they can do that a laptop can't... Interesting, just not that convincing off the bat.

ceilingcat.preview.jpg

i guess in the next few years "you'll HAVE to have this to get a pro-sounding beat" huh?

shit looks good and all that, but thats where it stops for me

I see no value in these things. They tried this formula already with open labs. I'm sure to some people the price was a barrier, but I'm willing to bet for most people it was much more. Just not practical IMO. But that's just my opinion. If it works, knock yourself out.

Real buttons are always best. Touchscreens are fashion fad and far less functional. You know how you can type on a keyboard without looking at it. Try that with a flat touch screen. LOL Touchscreens mean that you will have to give the screen your undivided attention 100% of the time. And like cell phones, half of your time will be spent correcting accidental key presses. But I definitely like the Open Labs stuff. And yes, it's too expensive for those of us not actually making money with music.

Back