dBlue Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Villainaire

I absolutely LOVE this plugin. You can go here to download it... http://illformed.org/plugins/glitch/

Anyways... after playing with it a bit I've learned how to automate it in FL 9 to create the tapestop effect as well as a gating effect I use frequently on pads. So far I've used this on about 10 tracks with no problems. For some reason the last couple tracks I've tried this on something isn't right. When I export the track as an .mp3 or .wav the effects either will be non existant, or only half of them will play. I have the FX button lit up in the mixer channel so I know that's not the problem, but the strangest part of it is the fact that while I'm listening to playback in the playlist, the effects will work only about HALF OF THE TIME. It will show that the automation is on, but the effects won't play. Then I'll play it again, and everything will sound fine. Then I export and it'll sound messed up again. Anyone who's an expert with glitch please chime in and show me a better way to use this.

Thanks,
Villainaire

Hmm. That's strange. All I can think of is an error you made or a problem with the VST. First, double-check everything (Settings, Automation, etc.). If that doesn't work, I'd try reinstalling the plugin.

my only guess is maybe you accidently set an automation that turns it off? I do that all of the time w/ my automations lol.
Try making a new track just to test it out and see if it does it again. If it doesn't... then you made a mistake and automated it off.

i can't really help you on the issue, but +1 for Glitch. that plugin is awesome. maybe try the fl forums?

I know exactly what you are talking about...

Solution:
Don't use automation with Glitch. Its "glitchy."
You will be much better off isolating the select pieces of audio you want the effect on, and making them a separate FX channel with their own instance of Glitch running.

Last edited by a moderator:
dBlue Glitch is an awesome plug in. Does anyone know a free alternative for mac? I don't use my PC anymore.

dBlue Glitch is an awesome plug in. Does anyone know a free alternative for mac? I don't use my PC anymore.

Yup, theirs one called effectrix

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

I need help using the plug in Lets say im using the tape stop effect, with its time for the next bar to HIT it seems semi cut off. ive tried the speed in glitch and it even does it when i use other effects. Its perfectly lined up in the FL automation lane. whats the problem?

I know exactly what you are talking about...

Solution:
Don't use automation with Glitch. Its "glitchy."
You will be much better off isolating the select pieces of audio you want the effect on, and making them a separate FX channel with their own instance of Glitch running.

Well this could be true, but it may just seem glitchy because if your automating it to turn off and you only have effects say on the last beat of the bar then there is gonna be some delay between when your automation turns it on and when the effect plays. If you don't take this into consideration when drawing your automation this could fuk things up.

To the OP: just take into consideration the time between the automation turns on the plugin and then when the effect takes place on the plugins sequencer. I thought it was glitchy too when I did this but then I realized if I just made the plugin turn on sooner the effect will talke place at the right time.

I don't want to use dblue tapestop because the download link says it has bugs that could possibly harm my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative to creating a "tapestop" effect sound? I have gross beat, but you can't achieve the same sound with that like you can with the dblue tapestop.

Thanks,

Greg

I don't want to use dblue tapestop because the download link says it has bugs that could possibly harm my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative to creating a "tapestop" effect sound? I have gross beat, but you can't achieve the same sound with that like you can with the dblue tapestop.

Thanks,

Greg

1. Gross Beat IS CAPABLE OF THE SAME TAPESTOP EFFECT.

2. The BUGS they talk about won't damage your computer like a virus, if anything they just will make Glitch not work with your system.

dblue tape stop

Hey Villanaire,

Thanks for the info. How do I create an automation clip for a tapestop sound with gross beat?

Thanks

Hey thanks again man,

I know how to make automation clips, but I was wondering if there is anyway to make an automation clip from gross beat that could be applied to the track the same way as the dblue tapestop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back