Which DAW should you use?

Try the MMM

Hello! I'm new here, my name is Kim, and I come from Norway. I've been producing for around 5 years, and I've only been with FL studio. (I bought it some years ago.)

I've been discussing very much lately about which DAW you should choose. Many people says that "Fl studio sucks, its for noobs!" and "Pro tools owns the shit out of FL".
The discussion is non-ending, it lasts forever..

I'm starting to get pretty sick of FL's interface, and I feel that I want to try something new. I produce generally in the genre Hardstyle, hiphop beats, and film scores. Which DAW would you convert to?

I've heard that mostly the DAW's ain't any different from other things than the interface, but if there are any difference in sound quality and so on, please tell me.

So, Pro's and Cons about each DAW would be beautiful. (Cubase, Reason, Pro Tools, Logic, Fl.)

HEY!!!!! :D

I use Magix Music Maker and it pretty much whoops all their asses! JK LOL, though for real it's still preferential, this DAW I got for Xmas recently, JAW DROPPINGLY ridiculous in how many options, effects, sounds, loops, patch, customization, EQ, etc. Just unlimited loads of creative potential, pretty much it's whatever your musical self wants to get out of it! Anyone can use this, it's real easy and extremely versatile to go through. And I don't even have the premium version on here! You can record, both audio and MIDI, live INSTANTLY, and it has something those 5 don't have which are VST PLUGINS! Oh my Lord these instruments sound eargasmicly real already by themselves (I've already composed two tracks, and WOW does it sound good, ain't even processed yet) , imagine if you're already a producer who can mix and master at will. You could probably fool anyone with these patches, with right combination of ingenuity, professional expertise and a great ear. Though what's even crazier you can upload your compositions IMMEDIATELY to fb, soundcloud, youtube, and email. This isn't even mentioning the mixer and mastering suite, video maker, background noises, oh yeah and has 7 audio export formats, along with 4 for video as well.

This was all around 50-60 bucks! :D This shit is outstanding!

AGAIN, this isn't even the Premium version which even comes with 3,000 extra sounds and loops (6,000 total), along with new and upgraded features.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Hello! I'm new here, my name is Kim, and I come from Norway. I've been producing for around 5 years, and I've only been with FL studio. (I bought it some years ago.)

I've been discussing very much lately about which DAW you should choose. Many people says that "Fl studio sucks, its for noobs!" and "Pro tools owns the shit out of FL".
The discussion is non-ending, it lasts forever..

I'm starting to get pretty sick of FL's interface, and I feel that I want to try something new. I produce generally in the genre Hardstyle, hiphop beats, and film scores. Which DAW would you convert to?

I've heard that mostly the DAW's ain't any different from other things than the interface, but if there are any difference in sound quality and so on, please tell me.

So, Pro's and Cons about each DAW would be beautiful. (Cubase, Reason, Pro Tools, Logic, Fl.)

It comes with 5 separate editions made for Rock, Hip-Hop, Dance, Producer and Film Score! It sounds like it will solve most of your problems and meet any and all of your needs! Though in the MMM 2013 (the one I talked about, standard version) if you get the premium, it comes with World Percussion and Bass Machine VST's for free. The other 12 VST's you have to buy and download on the site. Anyways, I hope I could help about your new software questions! So far I can not find ANY cons with this, the user interface is like a best friend!

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what you use, as long as you take the time to really learn it inside and out. Learn to master it. Learn about everything that it can do. You may find that it can do some things that you didn't even realize were possible. Read through the entire manual. Read through advanced tutorials/user group tips. Learn about mixing and mastering and apply it to what you do. You will not regret it.

In my opinion the DAW is no use if your not dope at what you do. Find one that you like learn it inside out and make some heat. Plain and simple

Like everyone here is saying. It's all about workflow. Which piece of software lets you do what you want to do with the least amount of trouble. Me Personally I use Cubase 6, I'm probably going to upgrade to 7 soon, but ever since I've started using it within the past 6 months and I used to use FL Studio and I just find Cubase to be more organized and easier for me to work with. I love FL Studio don't get me wrong, I'm probably going to use it as a performance tool when 11 comes out. I've messed with the performance mode in beta and it seems very promising.

Back