Which daw should i try nxt ?

ahmed labeeb

I already have ableton 9 and fl studio 11 now
I feel like I want to try another daw so I have chosen three options

1pro tools le
2cubase
3reason
4komplete (if I don't get any other saw)

? Any suggestion

I am an edm producer and DJ

If you have fl studio and ableton you're good already IMO. i use those two, i'd be good with one of them except it gets boring.

i also use reaper to mix and for vocals though, i'd check that out. i like it for those purposes better than either fl studio or ableton.

If you have fl studio and ableton you're good already IMO. i use those two, i'd be good with one of them except it gets boring.

i also use reaper to mix and for vocals though, i'd check that out. i like it for those purposes better than either fl studio or ableton.

Well I basically see every1 has a pro tools is pro tools better than cubase ..... And why do people love reason I liked it cause it's like having hardware studio stuff

audio schools push pro-tools as the industry standard which is mostly true but not completely

Cubase and Nuendo (pro version of the Cubase engine and much more) are also well positioned as is Adobe Audition

reason is a beast unto itself and does alright with what it has going on

then there are the daw's aimed at pop music composers/beat-smiths as well as the experimental ideas like max and pd and csound

and also the integrated software that is sibelius and finale at the paid end of the spectrum and includes sw like canorus, musescore and a few others

bluntly: choose what works for you and do interesting things

audio schools push pro-tools as the industry standard which is mostly true but not completely

Cubase and Nuendo (pro version of the Cubase engine and much more) are also well positioned as is Adobe Audition

reason is a beast unto itself and does alright with what it has going on

then there are the daw's aimed at pop music composers/beat-smiths as well as the experimental ideas like max and pd and csound

and also the integrated software that is sibelius and finale at the paid end of the spectrum and includes sw like canorus, musescore and a few others

bluntly: choose what works for you and do interesting things

Yo man does cubase come with a lot of soft synths and editing plugins ?

Will I get any similar plugins to reason if I buy a cubase ? And what plugins does pro tools offer and does pro tools accept third party plugins ?

Every major daw has the same type of plugins dude. Although some free daws come with almost nothin, example lmms I think it has less built in vsts.

Although I don't use it, have tried Orion demo out once and it was fl studio mixed with cubase. Weird, weird...combination.

Last edited:
Back