Thread: Which DAW should I buy?

Thanks

Which DAW should I buy?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi there.

First something about my current situation. I`m making (producing) music since about a year with Ableton Live 9 (the cheapest edition). Iv got an Ableton Push and a Novation Bassstation 2 Synthesizer. All was fine until I bought the Basstation, because you cant use it with the cheapest Ableton Edition because you dont have the "external instrument".

I want to produce Trance, especially progressive and psytrance. I need a simple DAW which dont have to have the most functions.

I thought about buying the Ableton Suite version, but im not sure because i think its not that easy to use and record midi and sound from external instruments and Logic for example looks much easier.

Which DAW would you recommend for my situation and why?

Thanks a lot.

Greets

Thanks
    I think for producing, FL Studio is perfect. You can make beat patterns very easily and arrange the song in the playlist easily too. All DAWs have a basic foundation under them, but their user interfaces look different. I've started with FL mnay years ago and still use it to this day ....and I know that many successful artists use it too. Some people will shame it because it doesn't "look" good, but when hit tunes are being produced on it, who cares. ...so I say FL studio, ...but its up to you.
    Last edited by Epsilon-144; 09-28-2017 at 04:55 AM.
    Website | Soundcloud | Join our Record Label: Demo Submission

Thanks
    Tried many daws. Dropped everything for Reason and Cubase.
    I recommend:
    Reason
    Reaper
    Cubase
    Studio One
    Ableton
    Lmms to try out.

Others will suggest other daws.

Thanks

Thanks
    Any popular modern DAW will do the job. Most of them can be quite easy to use, or very sophisticated if you dig deeper. I guess it comes down to which workflow suits you the best. I personally prefer something like Stuio One or Cubase and hate Ableton and Bitwig. I'd just recommend you to demo different DAWs. At the end of the day each person's preferences differ.

Thanks
    Fl studio for sure. Maybe Sonar could be a very good solution (it has a lot of versions. paid per month etc) Also you could find a lot of free virtual instruments to make the job perfectly....

Thanks
    I say Cubase, but more new producers use fl studio.
    Last edited by jumpradio; 11-07-2017 at 03:22 AM.
    Edm and Trance music at www.jumpradio.co

Thanks
    There are free programs that are very good too. Tracktion 6, and Podium free come to mind, but include little to no instruments, so you would be providing 3rd party vsti.
    Last edited by Mattman04; 11-07-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Thanks
    ^ ya, that sounds like a good way to learn. Just look up how to download and connect the third party VSTs.

That's the cheapest. cant beat free.
    Website | Soundcloud | Join our Record Label: Demo Submission

Thanks
    If you're already familiar with a lesser version of Ableton why not stick with that? Your choice of DAW is less important than your ability to use it. Ableton is the DAW of choice for a lot of big names (not that it matters) and while you want something simple now, what about a year from now? I'd stick with what you have as the learning curve is less/nonexistent. I use FL because it is what I first used and I now can do most anything I want to within it.
    6-ish months in and trying to find my sound, any and all feedback appreciated
    Latest - https://soundcloud.com/trip-lykely/8t-4/s-o7vtL

Thread Information