Which DAW has the best sound library for composing hiphop, trap and pop?

OrhanGizzle

I'm a Maschine user, since I make hiphop beats based on samples. I want to take my production to another level though, and would like to compose from the bottom. I'm very confused about which DAW is the best for producing from the bottom, eg which DAW has the best sound libraries.

I'm inspired by artists like The Weeknd, Frank Ocean and I would like to get the hang of producing trap aswell.

I've considered Cubase, as I know the workflow, but never really liked the sounds.

Otherwise I'm considering sticking to my Maschine and buy Komplete 10.

Which route would you guys go down on?

None. Everything has built in stuff but most things like sample libraries, sf2s etc is not built in if that makes sense only effects modules and synths usually are built in[that are good].

I use Reason and S1.
A daw is one thing, a vst/synth/effect is another.

Hey man thanks for the reply. Well then I should ask what are the best sample libraries for what I want to do? I have only researched Native Instruments.

What is sf2s?

Google has all that, native instruments, garritan etc.
Soundfonts is basically sample libraries before kontakt became a thing I think.
Most daws can do soundfonts and vsts/ built in tools of a daw dictates sound design limits.

Out the box most daws can do subtractive, granular and wavetable out the box and others can do more.
The daw it self, does not hardly matter at all as it's just a glorified sequencing and arranging tool.

Well the presets for the stock synths inside the DAWs tend to be more "average" and less aimed towards a certain genre. If you want presets for Trap, Hiphop etc, check the thirdparty design labels. Go see for instance MVP Loops, Xclsusive Audio, R-Loops, Modern Producers. I know a bunch of bigger resellers, but the mentioned ones tend to aim more towards your preferred genre.

Back